The Comp Trail components from from Ritchey deliver considerable bang for the buck, and prioritizes a complementary balance of performance, strength, and stability. As the mass of MTB riders have moved to 5-6" travel bikes with 80mm wide (and wider) handlebars, Ritchey created the Comp Trail-series components to meet the specific requirements for bikes that have become much more capable and are ridden on trails with 27.5" or 29" wheels with tires from 2.4-3.2". Built with a 41mm face plate width, the 3D Net Forged 6061 alloy Trail Stem 35 offers a reasonable weight at a great price while being stiff. The 35.0mm stem/bar clamp interface ensures that stiffness, managing the torsion the extra bar leverage and rugged trail conditions bring to bear on larger overall wheel sizes.
The zero angle, Net Forged stem body has a 42mm steerer tube clamp height, and comes in a variety of common trial sizes, starting at 35mm. This is a 180°/ clamp interface, so it will fit every 35.0mm diameter bar will fit. The head of the stem is vertically offset to the center of its body which allows for a 5mm rise or drop if you flip it. Thus doesn't change the angle, just the height, as with the +/- 5 degree flat bars offer, but it is easier to remove the face plate and flip the stem than removing, then reinstalling your cockpit components if you are going to be riding different terrain and routes and want to change your cockpit height. The stem's offset angle of the two steerer clamp slot bolts distributes the clamping force more evenly, and resists compression and twisting under severe load. If you are building a new trail bike cockpit, start with Ritchey Comp Trail components and you'll never look elsewhere.Return to Top
- Workhorse oversized clamp trail bike stem that saves weight without compromising strength
- Designed for 5-6” travel trail bikes using wide bars
- Material: 3D Net Forged 6061-T6 alloy <;li>Standard 180° clamp design- fits all 35.0mm bars
- Off-set angled 2-bolt steerer clamp slot interface
- Steerer clamp diameter: 1⅛"
- Handlebar clamp diameter: 35.0mm
- Bar clamp width: 41mm
- Steerer height: 42mm
- Angle: Zero (90° angle off steerer tube angle)
- Ste head is vertically offset to the center of its body which allows for a 5mm rise or drop when flipped
- Steel bolts- all specify 5Nm max torque
- Sizes: 35, 45, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 mm
- Color: BB Black - white outline Trail logo
- Weight: 135 grams (35mm)