Ritchey Comp UD Carbon Road Fork
The Ritchey Comp UD Carbon Road Fork was designed for how you love to ride. Built with High Modulus Fiber (HMF), this choice road fork offers superior strength. It is strong without sacrificing a pleasurable road feel. Smooth internal fiber flow in the crown/steerer area delivers the best force transfer from crown to shaft and increased impact strength. The orientation of the fibers in the fork blades have been optimized to absorb and dissipate loads, which delivers a confident and comfortable ride. The fork also uses various fiber types based on their specific properties to manage different load types as best as possible in the areas in which they occur; such as side load, torsion and impact.
This 1" steerer version has an alloy steerer, crown and dropouts to keep the cost low and strength high. It is for a rim brake road bike and has fairly traditional 43mm rake, common to many such road frames across a size run. The dropout is for a quick release style 100mm wide front hub. Tire width is rated for 30mm with most 700c rim and tire combinations, though this can be limited by the variance in manufacturer specifications. Some older rim brake calipers may also have clearance that maxes out at 700x28 tire.
- Cost-effective replacement for 1" steerer road fork for rim brakes, with greater tire width than previous generation
- Material: carbon fork blades; alloy steerer, crown and dropouts
- Steerer: 1" straight
- Brake compatibility: single bolt rim brake calipers
- Steerer length: 300mm
- Axle-crown: 368mm
- Rake/Offset: 43mm
- Crown diameter: 34mm
- Spacing (between fork legs at 700c tire height): 39mm | Minimum tire clearance each side: 4mm
- Hub dropout spacing: 100mm (9mm axle shaft for quick release use)
- Wheel/ tire compatibility: 700 x 30mm (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Finish: UD Carbon Matte (1")
- Weight: 525g (with uncut steerer)