As the mass of MTB riders have moved to 5-6" travel bikes with 740mm wide (and much wider) handlebars, Ritchey created the Trail-series components to meet the specific requirements for bikes that have become much more capable and are ridden on trails with 27.5" or 29" wheels with tires from 2.4-3.2". Built with a 41mm face plate width, the 3D forged 6061 alloy Trail Stem offers a reasonable weight at a great price while being stiff, and managing the torsion the extra bar leverage and rugged trail conditions bring to bear on larger overall wheel sizes.
The zero rise, forged stem body has a 42mm steerer tube clamp height, and comes in a variety of common trial sizes, starting at 35mm. This is a 180°/ clamp interface, so it will fit every 31.8mm diameter bar will fit. The offset angle of the two steerer clamp slot distributes the clamping force more evenly, and resists compression and twisting under severe load. If you are building a new trail bike cockpit, start with Ritchey Trail components and you'll never look elsewhere.Return to Top
- Workhorse trail bike stem that saves weight without compromising strength
- Designed for 5-6” travel trail bikes using wide bars
- 3D Forged 6061 alloy offers great strength at reasonable weight <;li>Standard 180° clamp design- fits all 31.8mm bars
- Off-set angled 2-bolt steerer clamp interface
- Steerer clamp height: 42mm
- Face plate width: 41mm
- Steerer clamp diameter: 1⅛"
- Handlebar clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Angle: Zero (90° angle off steerer tube angle)
- Steel bolts- all specifiy 5Nm max torque
- Sizes: 35, 45, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 mm
- Color: BB Black - white outline Trail logo
- Weight: 142 grams (90mm)