Ritchey WCS Butano Alloy Handlebar
Gravel riding is really nothing new to Tom Ritchey. Long before it was a cycling genre, it was just what you did, either on a road or cross bike. Many Ritchey bars have variation of the EvoCurve bar shape, that when combined with drop flare, becomes the essential shape and design of today's gravel handlebars. The WCS Butano Alloy Handlebar epitomizes such a bar. As with all WCS alloy products you find high quality, lightweight aluminum alloy, perfect extrusion, hardening, and top-level features.
The 7050 aluminum alloy is light, resilient and eminently workable. Designed for the rigors of gravel and adventure riding, the bar must also be strong and resilient to constant vibration and minor wheel impacts. The WCS Butano has such subtle shapes and features, all of which have to be perfectly symmetrical side to side. The design is truly compact, with a 73mm reach and 118mm drop. The ease of transition from position to position is ideal, and the 4° backsweep and 12° flares create added overall width and leverage when in the drops. The 2° flare out allows for a more subtle lever mount angle that still feels natural when on the hoods. The EvoCurve bar top shape has a slight oval section which feels natural and ergonomic without dictating specific positions.
Ritchey has left plenty of 31.8mm round diameter for the WCS Butano to accommodate aerobar extensions. The bar is also compatible with internal Di2 wiring. This handlebar, with all of it's design features, is still reasonable light weight, at 275 grams for size 42cm. Ritchey is offering the WCS Butano from 40-46cm widths, measured center-to-center at the curve- essentially the lever mount zone.
- Gravel bar with EvoCurve features, smart design, compact dimensions
- 7050 alloy is light, strong, resilient, and precisely extruded for complete symmetry
- Evo Curve shaped top with 12 degree flare at the drops for greater leverage and forearm clearance
- Compatible with clip-on aero bar use
- Works with with internal Di2 routing
- Reach: 73mm
- Drop: 118mm
- Sweep: 4 deg
- Drop Flare: 12 deg
- Flare out: 2 deg
- Add 6cm to size for full outside to outside width at bar end
- Sizes: 40, 42, 46 cm (measured center-to-center at the bend)
- Weight: 275g (42cm)