Now available for 1¼" steerer tubes, the Ritchey WCS C220 stem takes the revolutionary technology of their C260 and makes it quicker and easier to install and remove thanks to a press fit handlebar interface and forward facing hardware. Like the C260, the C220 creates a more secure interface by wrapping a full 220 degrees over the handlebar. Ritchey aligns the bolt clamping force with the clamp so the body of the stem cradles or actually embraces the handle bar. This design is less likely damage handlebars and is actually stronger and stiffer while allowing for a lighter faceplate.
One of the shortcomings of the C260 was some bars with oval or winged shaped tops didn't work. You also had to remove a lever when changing bars or stems which is more time consuming. The C220 works with virtually all oval and winged bars. It actually makes stem swaps faster because its press-fit design holds the bar in place while tightening the faceplate. The C260 uses T20 Torx bolts that threw off many a mechanic. For hardware, the C220 uses premium cromo steel bolts the use a standard 4mm hex (Allen) wrench.
Like most of their stems, the 220 features graphics that work when the stem is in the up position or in the more common lower position. The size of the stem is discreetly printed by the handlebar (we wish more stem manufactures did this). In case you are wondering, the difference in handlebar height on a 110mm 84 degree stem when you flip it is a little over 2cm. Other details include a wide 42mm faceplate for security and stiffness. And no, Blatte is not a typo. It refers to the smooth matte black finish that cosmetically works so well on all bikes.Return to Top
- WCS level alloy stem for 31.8mm bars and 1¼" diameter steerer tubes
- 3d forged 2014 aluminum alloy body
- 4 x 4mm coated CrMo steel forward-facing faceplate bolts
- 2 x 4mm coated CrMo steel offset steer tube clamp bolts
- 5Nm torque max on all hardware
- Compatible with all 31.8 bars and 1-1/4" steerers
- Press-fit clamp design installs and removes like a standard stem
- Stack height and faceplate width - both 42mm
- Actual weight with hardware 142 grams (110mm)