Ritchey WCS Pave Handlebar Tape
Riding on gravel, hardpack trail, or rough roads can be tough on the hands, no matter how big your tire is or how much carbon you have from the fork up. The problem for many cyclists who opt for tape in the 3.5mm thickness range is that the tape can be heavy and reduces bar feel. Ritchey's WCS Pave Handlebar Tape flips the script, with a 3.5mm thick tape made with Superlight EVA foam. A gel backing is added for increased shock absorption, but it never feels squishy or sloppy, and you can still feel the handlebar.
The tape has a mild stretch and wraps cleanly, laying down properly in the overlaps. A simple textured surface is actually very effective so you don't need to throttle the bar feel in control. A subtle, embossed Ritchey logo means you don't need to worry about mixing and matching component brands. You get the tape, finishing tape and two bar end plugs to secure the wrap. If you ride rough stuff and need extra cushion without sacrificing performance, the WCS Pave Handlebar Tape is a great choice.
- Superlight EVA foam tape with gel layer for ultra cushion on rough roads or trails
- Good grip and feel from mild texture, an tape that wraps well tight or less than tight
- Don't sacrifice feel or performance for extra cushion
- Embossed Ritchey stealth logo
- Thickness: 3.5mm
- Includes rolls for both sides (up to 46cm bar), plastic end caps, finishing tape
- Color: Black, Red, Blue
- Weight: 77 grams