Ritchey Zeta Classic Wheelset
The Zeta wheelset comes in full silver dress to offer a classic look for riders looking for a rim brake wheel with a more vintage appeal. Like all Zeta wheelsets, it was designed with the rear hub and OCR rim profile to work together and create a stiffer rear wheel that had an easily serviced and removable freehub body. This cohesive wheel design makes for a high performance wheelset that is also simple to break down for traveling or service due to the tool-free design and self-contained parts that compose the hub internals.
The WCS Zeta Wheelset features both the WCS Phantom Flange hubset and the Zeta OCR tubeless ready rim with a wider 20mm internal rim width. The Phantom's 6 pawl, 12-point micro clutch engagement system is self contained and does not have any small or loose parts that could be easily lost or misplaced. You can remove the axle and freehub for travel, creating an almost flat-pack rear wheel. Anyone who has ever packed a travel bike will understand how valuable space is, and how this immediately makes packing easier while reducing potential damage.
The WCS-grade hub shells are cold forged, then machined for strength and precision, and at 70 grams for the front and 207 grams for the rear, these reliable hubs are light. The freehub system does offer interchangeable options for Campy and XD Driver. The 20mm internal width rims feature proprietary Ritchey extrusion, which creates a rim shape balances ride quality, stiffness and aerodynamics. The OCR rear rim is designed to mate with the rear hub at staggered drive side flanges, which increase the spoke bracing angle and eliminates interference between crossing spokes, resulting in a stiffer, stronger wheel. DT Swiss Competition butted spokes were sped'd to balance lightweight with torsional strength for proper handling. The wheelset has 24 spokes on each wheel and laced 2x all the way around.
- High quality WCS tubeless alloy rims
- WCS Phantom Flange hubs with premium quality bearings
- DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8mm butted spokes with brass nipples
- Rear OCR® design reduces dish to balance spoke tension for a stronger, stiffer wheel
- 20mm internal rim width improves tire profile for a smoother ride, better handling & lateral stiffness
- Staggered drive side flange increases spoke bracing angle and eliminates interference between crossing spokes
- 24 hole rims laced 2x
- Patented 6 pawl, 12-point micro clutch engagement system with alloy freehub
- Tool-free design allows for quick dis-assembly of rear axle and freehub
- Great for packing Break-Away travel bikes or replacing spokes
- Easily convertible freehub body and axles for flexibility
- High-polish classic silver finish
- Weight: 1558 grams (735 gram front, 823 gram rear)