The incredibly cost effective Roval Terra C Wheelset delivers the features, ride quality, durability, and capability found on it's more expensive siblings, the CL and CLX models. You get carbon, tubeless ready, disc brake rims with current width dimensions in 32mm deep, hooked carbon rims hand-laced and tensioned to new DT Swiss 370 LN hubs. The overall quality at this price is hard to grasp, but you can surely grab hold of a 1600 gram Terra C Wheelset for $1000.
As versatility is paramount for gravel/all-road performance, Roval engineered the 25mm internal-width C rims to handle tires ranging from 28c to 47c wide, with up to 90 PSI on the 28c rubber. The ability to run a wide range of tire widths as well as a broad swath of pressures allows unparalleled versatility. To ensure both high and low pressure performance, the team at Roval relied on hook-bead rims. To create the carbon rims at this price, Roval sought a more cost effective construction method that could still deliver the precision, strength, durability and ride quality required. Resin Transfer Molding is the new layup process, and allowed the engineers to more precisely control the carbon fiber and resin in the layup. This means that they could improve overall strength and consistency, while minimizing weight variations between individual rims and optimizing material and resin placement for the best possible strength-to-weight ratio. This also ensures that the ride quality that is engineered into the rim is precisely what they designed it to be.
To complement the Terra C carbon rims, Roval turned to partner, DT Swiss. The new DT Swiss 370 LN Center Lock Disc hubset features internal, sealed bearings, a fast engaging freehub on the rear, trouble-free performance, and easy maintenance are the magic core of the build. The 24 hole rims and hubs are laced with DT Swiss's Competition Race j-bend spokes in a 2x/2x pattern, held in place by the Pro Lock Alloy hexagonal nipples. As you'd expect, the wheelset features 12/100mm front and 12/142mm rear thru-axle spacing, and the DT freehub body is interchangeable/replaceable.
With all due respect to other great wheels available on the market, It is safe to say that there is no competition the Terra C can't top at this price point. The combination of durability, components, and construction ensure that, but just in case, Roval and Specialized offer No Fault Crash Replacement policy and a Lifetime Warranty for manufacturing defects. Just read the policies, register your Terra C Wheelset, and attack the adventure on pavement or gravel with confidence.Return to Top
- All-road/gravel disc brake carbon wheelset with excellent build quality at a great price point
- Terra C rims are machine built use using Resin Transfer Molding; maximizing strength and material performance; hand laced and tensioned as a complete build
- RTM process serves to improve strength and consistency, minimizing weight variations between individual rims and optimizing material and resin placement for the best possible strength to weight ratio
- Rim spec: RTM Carbon, hooked for clincher/Tubeless compatible, 32mm depth, 25mm IRW, 30mm ERW, disc brake only; same physical specs as CL and CLX models
- The width increases strength and stability, delivering a great footprint and control at lower pressures allowed by tubeless tires and sealant, while still capable at higher pressures
- Tire size range: 28mm - 47mm
- Max Pressure by tire size: 28c 90psi | 30-32c 80psi | 33-36c 65psi | 37-47c 60psi
- Hubset: DT Swiss 370 J-bend Flanges, Ratchet LN 18T internals (20°), FT 12/100mm, RR 12x142mm, Shimano 11s freehub, interchangeable
- Disc rotor interface: Center Lock
- Spokes/Nipple: DT Swiss Competition Race, J-bend, steel; DT Pro Lock Alloy hexagonal
- Spoke lacing: 24 hole 2x/2x Front & Rear
- Thru axle hubs: 12/100mm Front, 12/142mm Rear
- Max weight capacity: 275 lbs
- Wheel size: 700c
- Includes: Roval Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Spare Spoke & Nipple Kit
- Specialized/Roval protection: No Fault Crash Replacement, Lifetime Warranty
- Freehub: Shimano HG11
- Finish: Carbon/Black
- Weight: 1610 grams (Front 719g, Rear 891g), including tubeless rim tape and tubeless valve)