Shimano Dura-Ace WH-R9270-C60-TL Front Wheel
Perfect for flatter courses and time trials, the Dura-Ace R9270-C60-TL prioritizes aerodynamic efficiency and lateral rigidity. The new hub design, stiffer spokes, and deep section rim are designed specifically to allow you to push harder, faster. With the release of the impressive Dura-Ace R9200-series component range Shimano also updated and redesigned their Dura-Ace and Ultegra wheelsets. In a break with their norm, Shimano is offering the first generation 12-Speed road wheels in individual (front, rear) builds, as well as by the set. This item is the C60 HR Front Wheel. For true road and allroad wheels, a new full carbon wider rim shape available was developed in three depths to modernize the line and deliver better aerodynamic overall performance while delivering superior tubeless ready capability. The rims are lighter, reducing rotational weight, and Shimano's superior hub technologies have been tapped into for their comprehensive strength, precision machining, and complete serviceability.
The new C60 started with a blank slate. As a real variation from the C36 and C50, the C60 has a specific front hub design that utilizes Shimano's OPTBAL 2:1 spoke pattern to enhance lateral rigidity. This lacing is more common on the rear wheel. The C60 also receives stiffer spokes, at 1.8 mm diameter instead of 1.5 mm. Tested by Shimano-sponsored professional cyclists, this focus on the lateral rigidity of C60 allows you to push harder in corners and when maneuvering at higher speeds. Lastly the new wind-tunnel tested, deep section rims feature a faster, more stable cross-section that time trialists, triathletes, and sprinters alike will enjoy.
The deepest version of the rim is this 60mm R9270-C60-TL, built fully into a 1609 gram wheelset optimized for fast rolling speed, sprinting and aerodynamics. The D2 rim shape design reduces drag better than competitors at yaw angles ranging from 0 to 15 degrees. It features a 21mm internal rim width complemented by a 28mm external width that matches exceptionally well aerodynamically with 26-30mm tires, but is capable of carrying 25-32mm options safely. The C60&s #39;front hub is pure Dura-Ace, with a forged and machined aluminum shell, straightpull flanges, oversized anodized aluminum axles, Contact seals, Angular Contact, loose ball stainless steel bearings; CBN finish cup/cone; all of which is fully serviceable. Braking control comes the Shimano-developed Center Lock disc brake rotor mount that is now ubiquitous throughout road and gravel cycling. If speed, power transfer, and efficiency in all facets are your priorities this disc brake front wheel option is great choice in a very strong, competitive class.
- Fast rolling disc brake front wheel with impressive lateral stiffness, guidance control, and stability
- HR: High-Rigidity rim, hub, and OPTBAL lacing system offers +20% increased lateral rigidity for powerful riders and sprinters
- Shimano's Science of Speed: wheel performance dictated by aerodynamics, rigidity and weight
- Drive rigidity has improved by 63% versus R9100 series C40
- D2 rim shape design reduces drag better than competitors at yaw angles ranging from 0 to 15 degrees
- Rim design also boosts incredible lateral wheel stiffness and offers improved vertical compliance for increased control, comfort and durability
- HR Rim details: Full carbon, 60mm profile, 21mm IRW, 28mm ERW, Hooked clincher/tubeless interface
- Tire size range: 700x25-32mm
- Front Hub: Shimano Dura-Ace R9270 for C60, 12/100mm TA ,CL Disc; straightpull flanges, oversized anodized aluminum axles, Contact seals, Angular Contact, loose ball stainless steel bearings; CBN finish cup/cone; fully serviceable
- Front Spokes: 24 stainless steel straightpull spokes, 1.8, bladed/butted, external alloy nipples (3.4mm tool); C60 uses Shimano's OPTBAL 2:1 spoke pattern to enhance lateral rigidity
- Included: tubeless rim tape & valves (installed), TL-WHR92 spoke nipple tool
- Disc interface: Center Lock
- Hub thru-axle / spacing: Front 12/100 mm
- Color: Series Black
- Weight: 751 grams (as listed)