The GRX gravel group options include a first for Shimano road-style components, a 1x drivetrain option. As such, it was necessary to develop a left side brake lever without a shift mechanism, another first since STI Dual Control arrived with 8-speed. The GRX BL-RX810 Brake Lever is just that, a left side front brake lever, shaped just as the GRX mechanical shift/brake lever is, made to be used optimally with a Flat Mount BR-RX810 hydraulic disc brake caliper. As simple as this sounds, Shimano has been late to the 1x drivetrain party and even though aftermarket parts would allow for their 11-speed road drivetrains to run as 1x set-ups, the rider still had to use a Dual Control lever for the brake on the left side. This GRX BL-RX810 Brake Lever is warmly welcomed, despite the fact it is shaped and intended only for GRX 1x use.
Shimano developed GRX for the rough terrain and mixed surfaces that make gravel riding so challenging, fatiguing and fun. The ergonomics make for easier leverage, hand positions, comfort and tactile use despite the constant vibration and small impacts of gravel riding. The lever blade feels correct and proper with a standard road drop bar shape, as well as the flared drop bars popular for gravel.
- Left side Brake-only lever for use with front hydraulic disc brake caliper for GRX 1x (Lever only- no caliper)
- GRX specific lever shape and design, will not match R8020 or others
- Hood and lever shapes feature gravel specific ergonomics
- Raised hood head prevents hand misalignment and slippage
- Anti-slip lever texture and brake lever coating
- Recessed finger notch prevents upward slipping
- Higher brake lever axis - curved brake lever improves braking input performance
- Improved grip and confidence on choppy surfaces and descents
- Higher braking efficiency reduces fatigue on long rides
- Brake lever features ServoWave action, Reach Adjust, Free Stroke
- Materials: GFRP body, Aluminum lever
- Left side brake only lever for hydraulic front brake
- Finish: GRX Scheme
- Weight: 222 grams