Shimano's collaboration with Ice Technologies has been the source of some of the most innovative and purely effective disc brake rotors available for bicycles today. The sandwich construction of the braking surface itself has proven to be effective and durable. The stainless steel / aluminum / stainless steel sandwich ensures both long, sure braking surface contact and wear, while heat is dissipated preventing the rotor from getting too hot. The use of an aluminum spider and mounting center increases that capability while reducing overall weight. With the release of Shimano's XTR M9100 series, the partnership has made another huge step forward, with a new application of the Freeza fin and wave design above the alloy spider. The shapes induce airflow, and a new heat dissipating paint on the exposed aluminum segments provides superior cooling overall. The RT-M900 Disc Brake Rotor is truly a new standard for both mountain and road use (140 & 160mm are UCI compliant), with more consistent braking performance in extreme conditions, longer pad life, less brake fade and noise.
Shimano pioneered the Center Lock spline rotor mount system, which is now dominant in road use and continues to win converts on the mountain side of the sport. The simplicity, ease of use, and truly consistent, highly precise spline system just makes too much sense and works perfectly. With the Center Lock system a fixture of the alloy spider, these RT-M900 Disc Brake Rotor are both rider and mechanic favorites. The rotors come with the appropriate Center Lock lockring for each size and work with commonly available tools. Shimano is offering the RT-MT900 in a full array of sizes from 140mm through 203mm, though the vast majority sold will be in the 160 and 180mm sizes as they are fully compatible with Shimano mountain systems (and 140,160mm will be used for road, cross, and gravel as well). At just 130 grams for a 180mm size with lockring, the balance of incredible braking performance and light weight is real.
- Premium-grade Center Lock disc brake rotor with Freeza technology optimal for XTR M9100 series as well as Dura-Ace and Ultegra R8100 (140 & 160 are UCI compliant)
- Stable and versatile brake performance in the most demanding conditions
- Lightweight and highly efficient three-layer sandwich structure of stainless steel–aluminum–stainless steel enhances heat dissipation
- Heat dissipating paint on exposed aluminum layer segments provide superior cooling
- Helps reduce maintenance, provide longer pad life, and create less brake fade and noise when used with IceTech finned disc brake pads
- Center Lock spline alloy mounting spider/wave structure is pinned to sandwich
- Includes alloy, size appropriate Center Lock lockring (Internal or External tool interface
- Sizes available: 140, 160, 180, 203 mm
- Weight: 108 grams (160mm)