Shimano Ultegra CS-R8100 12-Speed Cassette
No matter your riding level, you can experience the high-level road shifting performance with Shimano Ultegra and the updated 12-Speed R8100-series components all reflect an overarching reassessment of the most reliable groupset ever offered. The smooth, consistent gear steps remain a Shimano hallmark thanks to the addition of the 12th cog. Keeping things simple, the R8100-series rear derailleur is offered with a single cage length that is compatible with the full range of Shimano's 12-speed road cassettes.
HyperGlide+ cassettes have revolutionized off-road shifting with their seamless shifts both up and down the gear range. Shimano translated that technology from MTB to the tarmac and gravel worlds. Even during maximal efforts up a climb or nearing the finish line, riders no longer need to back off (at all) to perform a fast, solidly reliable shift. The R8100 Ultegra 12-Speed Cassette is compatible with Shimano 11-speed HG freehub bodies as well as the new Shimano 12-speed HG12 L2 road freehub body. All cogs are steel, nickel-plated for longevity, corrosion resistance and Shimano keeps the overall weight down with two aluminum spiders to go along with 5 individual cogs. This is the high mileage cassette that many Dura-Ace riders choose for training year round, in large part to enjoy the value and 1:1 shifting performance of the Dura-Ace titanium-steel cogs of the cassette, without concern for weight, and an eye on overall value.
- Upgraded cassette tooth and combination system for 12-speed road with HyperGlide+
- Refined 12 step gear combination provides peak efficiency and accelerating performance for every situation
- Maintained 11T small cog for overall efficiency: better wear with less friction than smaller cogs
- Faster, seamless shifts under maximum pedaling load
- HyperGlide+ Technology seamless shifts both up and down the gear range
- Requires HG+ 12-speed chain (same as 12s mountain CN-M8100)
- Better chain engagement cuts abrasion, reduces maintenance, and lengthens the lifespan of the chain and cassette
- All cogs are steel, nickel-plated for longevity, corrosion resistance
- Dual aluminum spiders (5-block, 2-block; plus 5 single cogs, necessary spacers), HG lockring
- Compatible with HG11 and new Shimano 12-spd freehub bodies
- 11-30T: 11-12-13-14-15-16-17-19-21-24-27-30 T / 291 grams
- 11-34T: 11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-27-30-34 T / 345 grams