Shimano XT BR-M8120 Disc Brake
Building off the late edition of the 4-piston M8000 disc brake, Shimano's engineers refined the caliper further and coordinated that work with some new efficiencies in the disc brake lever. The result is the BR-M8120 Disc Brake assembly, which will be favored by all mountain riders who desire the power and feel of the 4-piston caliper design. Some XC riders will go this route as well, but most will find the M8100 version the right balance of power and weight for that discipline. The BR-M8120 is built on the post mount standard, can be adapted for 160mm-203mm disc rotors, uses the SM-BH90-SBM hydraulic hose kit, and is sold here as a complete pre-bled lever and caliper set-up in Front and Rear options.
The pre-bled system consists of the M8100 lever, M8120 caliper and the hose kit. The M8100 lever features an optimized lever axle position with additional contact point and refined ergonomics. It's intuitive and versatile braking keeps your focus on the trail, with better lever response under duress due to it's high rigidity. Rider tuned adjustment allows you to set free stroke and reach adjust, while the I-SPEC EV Clamp Band sets the stage for a more ergonomic cockpit overall. The key results of the lever refinements are improved Servo Wave action modulation and lever response at 10% stiffer than M8000 even under high temp conditions.
The SM-BH90-SBM hydraulic hose kit attaches at the lever as normal, and is designed for Shimano's Mineral Oil only. At the caliper a straight Banjo type connection and inside hose routing improve the overall pathway to the caliper. The 4-piston Monoblock caliper features consistent braking performance and reliable stopping power in all conditios and instills greater downhill confidence and control. Once again Shimano has partnered with ICE Technologies for heat management with input into the caliper shape and function, while supplying the finned disc brake pads you have come to expect, which ride on the secure center pad axle system. Shimano and ICE Tech recommend you use their sandwich-steel disc brake rotors to complete the set-up for best power, feel and heat management.
- Pre-bled brake lever/caliper assembly with 4-piston design, refinements over M8000
- Developed for all mountain/Enduro level riding, can be used for any MTB discipline
- High braking power instills greater downhill confidence and control
- Servo Wave delivers superior modulation to give you greater control, confidence
- Optimized lever axle position with additional contact point and refined ergonomics
- Greater flexibility and action-optimized cockpit layout via I-SPEC EV Clamp Band
- Quicker brake engagement with shorter Free Stroke
- Toolless reach adjust, Hex key Free Stroke adjust
- 10% stiffer than M8000 even under high temp conditions
- SM-BH90-SBM hydraulic hose kit, olive/barb, straight banjo connection at caliper
- Shimano Mineral Oil only, easy bleed system
- Monoblock post mount caliper with ceramic 4-piston design for power, modulation
- ICE Technologies collaborative design, finned pads
- Pads: N04C Metal (w/ fin)
- Options: Front, Rear
- Finish: XT 8100 series Black