Shimano SPD mountain pedals are the standard, literally, and have continually evolved with Shimano's typical engineering excellence. The Trail pedal platform has been well received since it came out, and the XT version is always a best selling pedal. The release of the M8100 12-speed groupset didn't bring massive changes, but the refinements made with the XT M8120 Trail Pedals result in a 27 gram weight reduction over the previous version. New machining to the cage body adds more shoe traction while reducing weight.
Otherwise you see the solid, durable specs you expect from XT-grade components. The body and caged is a forged aluminum, with machining and anodized finish. A super stable and long wearing Chromoly Steel axle rides on a sealed bearing system that evenly distributes force evenly. Wide pedal-to-shoe contact, and a lowered platform height from the body and cage ensures cleat to pedal stability and maximum power transfer. The integrated cage increases stability and control when not clipped in and protects binding mechanism against impacts. As you'd expect you can set the spring tension on each of the dual sided pedal, and installation and removal via the open end of the axle is a breeze with an 8mm Hex wrench. The standard SH51 steel cleats offer lateral set-up flexibility and are the best wearing cleats on the market.
With XT being the ultimate value in performance mountain groups, the XT pedals are one of the best buys in all of cycling, and the M8120 Trail Pedals indicate Shimano is committed to maintaining that status. Return to Top
- Wonderfully durable mountain SPD dual sided pedal with support cage platform
- Wide pedal-to-shoe contact, with lowered platform for optimal power transfer
- Integrated cage increases stability and control when not clipped in and protects binding mechanism against impacts
- Forged, machined and anodized aluminum body and cage
- Robust steel retention claws provide smooth engagement and release
- Customize the entry and release tension setting independently for each side
- Strong, durable Chromoly steel spindle with 8mm Hex wrench installation
- Sealed, integrated bearing design distributes pressure evenly, smoothly
- Includes: SH51 single release steel cleats/hardware, 1mm cleat spacer
- Color: Black
- Weight: 438 grams