Sidi Genius 10 Carbon Road Shoe
The Genius-series shoes from Sidi have long been the staple choice for road cyclists who favor Italian fit and style, along with serious durability and replacement wear items. With the Genius 10 Carbon Road Shoe, the designers have drawn on several tech and functional features from higher-end models while also focusing on eco-friendly production methods and keeping many of the staple Genius features that fans continue to love and appreciate.
The carbon-Nylon injected composite 20 outsole provides a wider, more stable base with more wrap than you expect from Sidi. You get great support, more consistent sole response regardless of temperature, and excellent power transfer with just enough of the famed Sidi flex that can ease fatigue and unnatural pressure points. The increase in sole wrap also makes it harder for water penetration at the joining of the upper, which has even more new features.
The Microtech microfiber upper has a similar feel and comfort to older Genius models, but is a truly new component, and features dual Tecno 3 lacing systems. The material itself is made with a Water-tech treatment process that is much more eco-friendly. The material is water resistant, breathable, and as supple as as older versions, while being just as hard wearing over long years and mileage. The closure system features a single top dial and lace that allows for infinite adjustment of the fully manually adjustable and familiar Soft Instep closure System (SIS). The thin but effective EVA foam pad reduces pressure points and keeps you comfortable. The second Tecno 3 system pulls from two anchor points, and controls the forefoot and midfoot tension and fit. The upper has been cut specifically for this set-up, so the anchors draw the material close along the curvature of the foot, with excellent effect for most wearers and delivering exceptional foot stability and comfort during long hard efforts. And yes, unlike many wire lace systems, the shoe still has a standard tongue design.
Of course the Genius 10 Carbon also has the replaceable heel tap and supportive, comfortable Sidi Heel Cup design. As you'd expect, virtually all of the component pieces of the SIS and Tecno 3 systems are replaceable, as is the heel tap. For most Genius fans the 10 Carbon only enhances what they have loved about their shoes, with real benefits and the same last you have come to know and trust.
- Updated and upgraded Genius series shoe with classic Genius fit and features
- True benefits and fit system from higher-end Sidi models
- New Carbon Composite 20 injected carbon composite sole, with Nylon that acts as a water barrier and keeps sole durable and stiff in various temperature conditions
- Microtech microfiber upper is durable, lightweight, breathable, water resistant, eco-friendly
- Perforations and above-toe mesh panels offer easy heat release
- Dual Tecno 3 dial/lacing system has upper solo pull and lower has fore and midfoot pull
- Tecno 3 parts are both durable and replaceable
- Multi-part Soft Instep (SIS) closure system offers ample adjustability, replaceable parts
- Standard Sidi Heel Cup has long been favored for great support and hold
- Replaceable heel pad is a Genius-series staple
- Standard Sidi D-width size fit (tends to be more tapered than US D-width)
- 3-bolt cleat mounting pattern (Look KEO, Shimano SPD-SL, Speedplay with adapter)
- Sizes: 42 - 46 (full and half sizes)
- Color: Black/Black, White/Black
- Weight: 299g / per shoe (size 43)