Tired of short, ineffective tire levers? Today's tire and rim combinations have forced companies to rethink the old tire lever and among the best new options are the Silca Premio Tire Levers. Modern carbon rims and tires create a real challenge for traditional tire levers, and the new wave of tubeless setups have take the challenge to the next level. Tire fits are tighter than they’ve ever been, while carbon rims require non-metal levers to resist damage to the bead or brake surface during use.
Previous solutions to this problem have involved using a metal core inside of a plastic lever, which makes some sense, however this "solution" has its own challenges as the core of the lever is where you can add the least stiffness and strength. This leaves metal core levers both less stiff and heavier than they need to be. Enter Silca's Tire Levers Premio, pair a high strength forged aluminum levers with a semi-rigid Nylon Pad on the rim side of the lever only. This allows the overall lever to be thinner, yet stiffer and stronger than either full plastic or metal core designs. Even better, these levers utilize a designed-in Flex-Core Zone which allows the Nylon Pad to conform to the curvature of the rim during use for maximum distribution of load. And guess what? it works. Due to the high strength full-metal blade, the Premio levers are 25-30% narrower than other lever designs, making them ideal for very tight tires and tubeless setups where even simple access to the tire bead is severely restricted. Which is why you find these in our shop, often under lock and key!
Silca's Premio Tire Levers were designed for safe use on carbon fiber rims if used properly, and as intended. To ensure proper use on your specific set of wheels, you must refer to your wheel manufacturer's guidelines on using tire levers. Here's Silca's general advice. Tire Levers Premio should ONLY be used to remove the tire. Never use a tire lever to aid in tire installation. This is not the intended use case for the tool and could result in damage. Always make sure the orientation of the blade of your tire lever is correct before use. Using a tire lever that is upside down is not only more difficult to use but it could result in damage. Silca doesn't recommend using tire levers with any rim if you're using latex inner tubes as they are easily damaged.Return to Top
- One pair of Premio tire levers- high strength forged aluminum levers with a semi-rigid Nylon Pad on the rim side of the lever only for effective stiffness, proper flex and low profile access to the tire bead
- Flex-Core Zone which allows the Nylon Pad to conform to the curvature of the rim during use for maximum distribution of load
- 25-30% narrower than other levers, making them ideal for very tight tires
- Forges alloy blade with reinforced Nylon Rim Shield safe for carbon cims
- Not recommended for use with latex tubes
- Integrated spoke hook-wing
- Size: 105x25x7 mm (Perfect fit in Silca's Seat Roll Premio/EOLO Wallet)
- Sold as a pair (2 individual levers) with neoprene sleeve
- Color: Black
- Always follow carbon rim manufacturer's guidelines on lever use