Silca Sicuro Ti-Cerakote Cage
In Silca'a quest to create the ultimate bottle cage, the folks in Indianapolis found themselves completely fascinated by the look, feel, and durability of tubular titanium construction. This combination of design characteristics produced a cage that has better retention on gravel and other harsh surfaces and in the standard titanium version, has proven to be the superior design when mounted on the underside of the down tube. This position is so common in gravel, adventure and touring bikes that three cage options are almost standard. While classic in appearance, the tubular titanium material and its manufacturing is as complex and high tech as it gets. But some folks just prefer balck cages, especially on carbon frames, so the Sicuro Ti-Cerakote Cage was conceived.
Cerakote is the world's leading high performance ceramic coating for use in aerospace, military, and biomedical applications. At only 1 micron thick, Cerakote high performance ceramic coating increases abrasion resistance by more than 100 times while increasing corrosion resistance more than 1000 times over traditional metal finishes and paint coatings. Cerakote even improves fatigue resistance by eliminating the possibility of surface scratching or notching which can lead to stress cracking over time. This all makes it the ideal coating for a titanium bottle cage like the Sicuro.
- Highly secure titanium bottle cage with a black finish that won't wear away or mar/scratch bottles
- Black Cerakote high performance ceramic coating increases abrasion resistance by more than 100 times
- Increases corrosion resistance more than 1000 times over traditional metal finishes and paint coatings
- Will not chip, break, or fade
- Easy in-and-out action but highly secure
- 3-2.5 titanium tubing
- Hand bent in Indianapolis
- Laser welded hollow tube design
- Finish: Cerakote Black
- Weight: 30 grams