Many associate the Comp-level from Specialized as "entry-level", and while this can be true, in the case of the Phenom Comp Saddle, it really has just one change from the best-selling Expert version: hollow Cr-Mo rails versus the hollow titanium of the Expert; adding a few grams and saving you money. The Phenom saddle line by Specialized was developed for all-terrain use, and the Comp-level truly gets the job done. It has been popular as a versatile mountain bike option, as well as for cyclocross training. It is softer than many racing models but still an option on the pavement for less-weight conscious riders, and has become a go-to saddle for gravel and adventure riders who covet comfort and value over grams and materials.
Still, with the carbon-reinforced shell featuring flexible Adaptive Edge technology, you aren't exactly skipping tech or quality. The shell adapts to your body for a custom fit and all-day comfort while being resilient over time and still offering excellent pedaling dynamics. A full length recessed channel spans a center cut out, shaped and designed with Body Geometry science, lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries. The padding is a medium density, lightweight and supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides, and delivers a consistent ride and feel all day, and over time.
The light and super-durable, hollow Cr-Mo rails save you money, but don't lack for strength or vibration mitigation, as well as taking the edge off of wheel impacts. The designers created a tail that features rounded edges and corners, for easy and no-snag movement when the rider gets behind the saddle for technical descents. The Phenom Comp Saddle is available in two widths, 143mm and 155mm, with modest weights. With the boom in the gravel discipline, the Phenom design, which has been popular for some time, to be even more widely embraced given it's combination of performance and comfort, and the Comp is an excellent option for riders who log hours and miles and prefer to save some money for replacing their next worn-out tire.Return to Top
- Durable, supportive, comfort-performance saddle equipped for all-terrain use, long hours on the bike
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries
- Carbon-reinforced shell w/ flexible Adaptive Edge technology adapts to your body for a custom fit, all-day comfort
- Lightweight and supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides
- Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning
- Light and super-durable, hollow Cr-Mo rails
- Low friction panels on the nose and tail improve pedaling efficiency and mobility while moving on and off the saddle
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 256 grams (actual, 143mm width), 260 grams (actual, 155mm )