Specialized Rib Cage II
The Rib Cage II is not only a sleek, lightweight water bottle cage, but it's also been designed to be fast in the wind. Of course, it also performs its primary task of holding tight to bottles dutifully, so you won't be losing bottles when the road gets rough. The curve, arc and height of the one piece arm design offers two important qualities. It prevents bounce-out from wheel impact, and it allows for ideal bottle draw and return angles from either side.
A reinforced composite material is strong, durable, and resilient to standard road, XC MTB and gravel use. It features a tuned compression design that provides secure bottle retention, but enough give for active bottle use. The combination is light and at just 33 grams the Rib Cage II is competitive withe carbon cages costing twice and much. We would not use this cage for under-downtube mounting or other horizontal bikepacking set-ups. It's vertically oriented set-up isn't really designed for that. Specialized points to this as road cage by setting up for a super-low bottle position that improves the aerodynamic profile of larger or more aero shaped downtubes. It is compatible with several of the SWAT integrated tool and storage options. Please see notes below.
- Reinforced composite, lightweight bottle cage with excellent retention and access design
- Ideal for use across many disciplines within main triangle
- Super-low bottle position improves the aerodynamic profile
- Tuned compression design provides a secure bottle retention with easy in-and-out accessibility
- Reinforced composite material improves durability without adding weight
- Sleek, minimalist design with razor-sharp graphic
- SWAT™-compatible design allows for storage and tool integration
- Accepts SWAT™ Cage Mount Road or MTB Tool
- Accepts MTB SWAT™ Box (when used on compatible frames)
- Finish options: Black, Matte Black/White, Matte Black/Flo Red, Matte Black/Liquid Silver, Matte Black/Hyper Green, Matte Black/Rocket Red
- Weight: 33 grams