The Romin-design has been a stalwart of Specialized road saddles since it's release. Even here in the Romin EVO Comp Gel edition, it provides a true road saddle silhouette, and a design that allows you to keep your position low and aero without sacrificing comfort. And the only real difference aside from a few grams of weight is a change from titanium rails to Cr-Mo on the Comp. The same patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries in this posture, from a saddle contoured to put you in a position for optimal power transfer and comfort as you put pressure on your competition. When leveled at the center forward, the tail has a slight lift for pushing back on a bit while powering away in the drops, and the taper and drop of the sides guide the legs cleanly down to the pedals for best efficiency and reduced friction.
As an Comp-level version, the Romin EVO Comp Gel has a stiff, carbon-reinforced shell for longevity and all-day riding efficiency. The shell has a Body Geometry channel designed to maximize blood flow while riding, and lightweight yet supportive PU foam with gel inserts for increased comfort on those epic ride days. It features a little more padding than the firmest race saddles, which many of us actually can benefit from regardless of the added grams. Specialized applies their tough, lightweight, and water-resistant Micromatrix™ cover, which has perforations to prevent heat build-up and reduce friction. The light, durable, and hollow Cr-Mo rails only add a few grams over the titanium used on the Expert while providing similar comfort benefits and saving you some money.
Available in 143mm and 155mm width options for proper sitbone support, the Romin EVO Comp Gel Saddle is a great choice for serious cycling enthusiasts who love to log miles and hours on the road, and still feeling fresh enough to do it all again the next day.Return to Top
- Popular road saddle for riders who favor a more assertive to aggressive position, but need proper support, comfort, and Body Geometry features developed to maintain blood flow and proper alignment
- Design and execution that allows you to keep your position low and aero without sacrificing comfort
- Stiff, carbon-reinforced shell for longevity and all-day riding efficiency
- Lightweight and supportive PU foam with gel inserts for increased comfort on long rides
- Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning
- Tough, lightweight, perforated, and water-resistant Micromatrix™ cover
- Light, durable, and hollow 7mm round Cr-Mo rails
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek, integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 271 grams (actual, 143mm), 275 grams (actual, 155mm)