S-Works Power Mirror Saddle
The story of the Specialized Power saddle concept has now been covered in-depth, and the popularity of the design, in all the model options and the choice of MIMIC technology, cannot be denied with the sheer sales numbers and positive user experiences. The short nose saddle concept, with it's supportive platform for aggressive riding postures and refined Body Geometry principles is embodied by the S-Works model. With it' combination of the flex-tuned FACT Carbon shell and FACT hollow oval rail system that has been the premium option, even the top pro cyclists have embraced the design over minimalist, featherweight options. Specialized recognized that new material and construction technologies were the only path to improvement, and given that constant innovation is a hallmark and guiding principle of the iconic brand, the Mirror concept was developed and brought to the world, as shown here in the S-Works Power Mirror Saddle.
The design and engineering teams at Specialized combined over 20 years of the in-house Body Geometry experience with Retul, the world’s largest database of rider fit, and bleeding-edge material science to create the greatest combination of performance and comfort ever seen in a saddle S-Works Power with Mirror. Basically the framework and shell of the S-Works Power is carried forward, but instead of using foam, Specialized is 3D printing with a liquid polymer to create an airy, sci-fi looking, patent-pending matrix of incredible complexity. Combined with the flex-tuned FACT Carbon fiber shell, S-Works Power with Mirror distributes pressure for unrivaled comfort and performance. Thus, this liquid polymer Mirror technology is 3D printed perfectly to effectively mirror the riders' anatomy. This revolutionary process creates a complex honeycomb structure that allows the team to infinitely tune the material’s density in a way impossible with foam. The result is a patent-pending matrix of 14,000 struts and 7,799 nodes, each of which can be tuned individually. From an additional comfort perspective, don't discount that the matrix allows for considerable airflow from under and around the saddle, offering potential cooling and drying action.
As a result, S-Works Power with Mirror provides more sit-bone comfort than any other performance saddle Specialized has ever tested, and given their in-house process, decades long commitment to saddle comfort and health via Body Geometry and the data from Retul, this is truly a remarkable statement, made without hyperbole. Mirror also protects blood flow and reduces pressure on soft tissue, so it’s comfortable on the nose or tempo riding all day. When you combine this technology with the extremely lightweight S-Works Power saddle, with its flexed-tuned FACT carbon shell and ultra-light rails, you get a high-performance saddle that's designed to help you perform at your best. It features all of the Body Geometry design characteristics you know and love, so you can be assured of superior, all-day comfort for your unique, aggressive riding position.
Per Body Geometry principles, the S-Works Power Mirror Saddle is available in two widths, at 143mm and 155mm so you can identify proper sitbone support. The central relief channel is perfectly placed and shaped to eliminate pressure on the most sensitive areas, and Mirror's impressive sitbone support, along with a proper bike and saddle fit, keeps you in the correct position for optimal pedal power transfer and efficiency as defined by the aggressive saddle to handlebar drop. Specialized also includes SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle shell base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions from the SWAT line-up.Return to Top
- Next-generation saddle with innovative rider support technology, on the S-Works Power platform
- Mirror technology utilizes 3D printing from liquid polymer to create a one-of-kind honeycomb structure that offers superior sit-bone support and comfort
- The result is a patent-pending matrix of 14,000 struts and 7,799 nodes
- This revolutionary process allows the process to infinitely tune the material’s density
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries
- Race-ready FACT carbon fiber shell is flex-tuned for support and ride compliance
- Ultra-light, strong, and oversized (7x9mm oval) FACT carbon rails
- Rails not compatible with side-loading seatpost heads designed for 7x7mm round rails, will work with most vertical style-clamps- follow all clamp torque specifications
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Colors: Black
- Weight: 189g (actual, 143mm width), 194g (claimed, 155mm width)