SRAM GX Eagle AXS 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
SRAM's commitment to bringing their eTap AXS Wireless shifting system to the masses has driven the release of the mountain GX Eagle AXS Rear Derailleur and Controller. This makes the option much more reachable, and the GX Eagle AXS Rear Derailleur is a perfect example. You get the same technology and design as in the Eagle XX1 and XO1 AXS versions, but add a little weight with more cost effective materials at a great price. You get expanded 520% range (with the 10-52 cassette), seamless compatibility with the rest of the AXS mountain and road ecosystem, as well as the ability to customize with the AXS app. GX Eagle AXS is now your entry point to the future of cycling. And yes, you read that correctly, you can now set-up 1x12 road/gravel dropbar drivetrain with massive range and reliability at this price.
All of the technologies are here: Roller Bearing Clutch, Overload Clutch protection, Cage Lock system, X-Sync pulleys, and the X-Horizon straight parallelogram overall design alignment. AXS means you can personalize the input from the shifter/controller with the rear derailleur. SRAM has designed a new cover to protect the AXS eTap battery, and while the cover is included with the derailleur, the battery is sold separately.
Riders want a derailleur that shifts on command, whether under climbing load or sprinting to the stage finish. The GX Eagle AXS derailleur gets it done with everything you have come to expect from SRAM's AXS connect components. The GX Eagle AXS derailleur is smart enough to protect itself thanks to its incredibly resilient Overload Clutch. Engineered with a variety of rider preferences in mind, it is compatible with our new expanded range 10-52t cassette as well as the10-50t cassette. Showcasing its lineage from the proven GX Eagle mechanical line, the GX Eagle AXS derailleur is there for one thing - to do the job.
- Eagle AXS wireless rear derailleur at the GX level, bringing the technology to a more accessible price point
- Compatible with all Eagle AXS options, as well as AXS road for 1x12 drivetrains, with Eagle chain
- Functionally identical to the other AXS mountain bike derailleurs, which have a 10mm cage length shorter cage length than their mechanical siblings, but offer range up to 520%, with 10-52 Eagle 12 cassettes
- AXS enabled componentry software that makes it possible to both program and personalize new SRAM and RockShox components Eagle technology
- X-Horizon straight parallelogram design, maintains proper offset alignment for fast, precise shifts
- Overload Clutch protection, Roller Bearing Clutch Cage Lock system,
- Full steel pulley cage is stiff, works great but saves cost over alloy and carbon materials
- Polymer pulley wheels (12/13) with X-Sync tooth design, steel bearings
- Comes with AXS Battery Cover (also compatible with XO1 & XX1 AXS rear derailleurs) that offers some mild impact and loss/ejected battery protection
- AXS eTap Battery not included- sold separately
- Waterproof rating: IPX7 (Can be submerged up to 1 meter in water for 30 minutes; no direct pressure washing!)
- Capacity: 10-50,10-52 Eagle 12 cassettes
- Finish: GX Eagle Lunar Gray
- Weight: 460 grams