Stages Power L Carbon SRAM MTB GXP Meter
If you are trail rider or XC racer with a SRAM or Truvativ carbon 168mm Q-factor Mountain GXP crankset and are looking for the most cost-effective and user friendly way to improve your performance through power output measurement, here is the proprietary, Stages manufactured left arm Carbon GXP MTB Power Meter. While there are power meters on the market with price ranges well into thousands of dollars with a bevy features and amazing capabilities; generating, measuring and applying detailed, useful, and accurate power data can be achieved simply with this carbon left side crankarm. It also means it doesn't matter if you run a 1x, 2x, or 3x drivetrain.
This Gen3 unit features a more 6x powerful transmitter, with improved pairing processes. With the simplest installation, setup and pairing, Stages power meters are ANT+ and Bluetooth dual channel compatible to work with a host of head units and devices at the present and into the future. You can use your Stages Power Meter with almost any current smartphone via Bluetooth Smart with two-way interaction, and simultaneously be connected to your ANT+ compatible computer/GPS head unit for in-ride data and collection. The StagesPOWER App offers several key features and functions, is easy to use and is free for Stages Power Meter owners. Whether you are an advanced mountain biker or just getting started, Stages offers tools that allow you to improve performance, and maintain balance in your training process.
Installation of the Stages Carbon GXP MTB Power Meter is just a matter of replacing your existing left side crankarm with the Stages built carbon, power meter equipped, version. Simply remove your left crankarm, and install the Stages arm. No magnets, zipties sensors or additional hardware required. Done. The head unit pairing and Zero calibration tasks are just as simple. The Stages unit is equipped with an accelerometer that tracks crank position during rotation to calculate cadence. It sends the cadence and power information to your connected devices. Truly simple. The Stages self-contained unit means that from installing the power meter to riding generally takes about 10 minutes. Install, pair the power meter to a compatible head unit, Zero calibrate, go ride. Easy. Stages even provides excellent instructions and support through their website. Accessible.
Knowledge of created power data allows you to exploit your strengths, improve your weaknesses, and plan crucial recovery. This goes for a rider racing World Cup, or an Enduro rider looking for every performance edge. Energy expended impacts overall fatigue and handling capability and can be accurately assessed with a single leg unit. This keeps the Stages unit affordable, compact, and easy to use. The key for Stages is that theirengineers found through thousands of miles of testing research that power differential between legs has no significant influence on ride data and its value as a training tool. This helps to significantly reduce complexity and cost while providing power measurement with ±2% accuracy. Having Active Temperature Compensation (ATC) is far more important to a mountain biker, as it takes place automatically and continuously while you pedal, allowing you to simply ride and use utilize your data without worrying about manual adjustments.
It is crucial for accurate training and analysis that the meter be consistent to itself, that the rider can quickly and easily set Zero calibration at the start of every ride, and that temperature is continually accounted for. As Stages constantly corrects for temperature, accuracy is much better over many of it's competitors (whose units don't auto correct, or do so with far less frequency) whenever there is a significant change in temperature during your ride. Temperature can seriously affect the strain gage systems used to measure power, to the point where a long climb in the mountains during which weather and temperatures can greatly fluctuate, uncorrected data is nearly worthless.
In this model, Stages bonds the actual power measurement pod onto a new Stages Carbon GXP MTB left side crank arm. The location on the arm is crucial, as the arm and pod then tested and calibrated together to ensure that the strain gages and sensors are working optimally with the specific crank arm. The pod itself is made of an incredibly strong polycarbonate blend that is similar material to that used in bulletproof glass. This material is perfect due to its light weight, superior durability and impact protection, so there is very little chance of an impact breaking the housing without also seriously damaging the crank arm. Additionally, the Stages Power Meter is highly sealed against environmental conditions, and carries an IPX7 water resistance rating, which means it can be submerged in water up to 1 meter for a maximum of 30 minutes.
It was crucial to Stages to make their power meter efficient, as well as keep their firmware updated. This version of the Stages Power Meter is their Gen3 pod, which is more streamlined than the original model (allowing for more crank arm and frame compatibility)and offers improved communication overall, and very specifically with compatible sport watches. The battery compartment and door were improved and strengthened. It is easy to change the battery, a coin-style, readily available CR2032 model. Each CR2032 delivers 200+ hours of power to the unit. The StagesPOWER App also keeps track of the battery level, so you can be prepared. Firmware is updated via this smartphone app as well. Stages regularly advances their firmware and app to reflect new features and updates. The app is user friendly and will become your best friend as you manage your power meter, allowing for direct updates to Training Peaks, Strava, Garmin Training Center and other cloud-based training systems.
- Most accessible, easiest to install/use, direct force MTB crank arm power meter
- Features Gen3 power meter pod affixed to new Carbon SRAM MTB GXP left side crankarm
- New transmitter delivers 6x more powerful output
- Power meter accuracy: ± 2%
- Meter pod affixed to Stages proprietary carbon MTB-GXP left side crankarm, offset and design to coordinate with 168mm Q-factor SRAM/Truvativ, Carbon GXP-type
- Installation as simple as properly mounting and fixing left side crankarm
- Head unit pairing and daily Zero calibration processes quick and straightforward
- Active Temperature Compensation delivers continual accuracy while riding
- Power range (Watts): 0 to 2500
- ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart communication keeps unit future-proof
- Factory bonded pod contains all electronics, strain gages, power source
- Tool free, user replaceable CR2032 battery via externally accessible compartment
- Internal accelerometer determines cadence throughout pedal stroke
- Effective cadence range (rpm): 20-220 (even in technical, high impact use)
- Firmware updates, data uploads accomplished wirelessly with Bluetooth Smart
- Water resistance rating: IPX7 (do not use direct stream hose/pressure washer)
- Device compatibility with simultaneous dual channel ANT+, Bluetooth Smart
- StagesPOWER App allows you to manage your unit, collect and transmit data
- Crank/Bottom Bracket compatibility: 168mm Q-factor SRAM/Truvativ GXP Carbon MTB cranksets
- Always install crankarm to Stages specifications
- Weight: Adds 20 grams to base crankarm
- Finish: Gloss UD Carbon scheme w/Stages logo
- Select crankarm length: 170mm, 175mm