SwissStop Catalyst Pro Disc Rotor
Developed by the current king of aftermarket rubber, carbon, and disc brake pads, the Catalyst ProDisc Rotor from SwissStop has undergone extreme engineering at every level, even aerodynamics, to provide one of the best disc rotors the market has seen. While the focus of many cyclists will be in 140mm and 160mm version for road and cyclocross use, SwissStop is offering a full line, with 180mm, 203mm for trail and even 220 for DH use with serious mountain bikes.
The sculpted 2-piece rotor is available in both 6-bolt and Center Lock interfaces, and utilizes two materials, stainless steel and aluminum. The braking surface is SUS 410 stainless, and is joined to the 7075-T6 aluminum spider with steel rivets. The sculpted pattern was tested for strength, resilience over long use (prevent warping), aerodynamics, cooling, and to reduce vibration. The spider contributes to the overall stiffness, helps keep the weight manageable, and is also shaped for improved cooling. Considerable attention was paid to reducing noise as well, with premium results coming with SwissStop's EXOTherm finned disc and RS-Series brake pads.
The Catalyst Prop in the 140 and 160mm sizes feature no 90° edges for safety, meeting the UCI's requirements for road disc rotors. SwissStop has put a premium on rotor performance, including durability, so the Catalyst rotors are a little heavier than top competition, but in-house testing demonstrates real advantages in stopping power, temperature management, stopping power, noise reduction, and beyond. The actual rotor width is specific to each size based on engineering requirements, so the 140mm is 1.85mm thick, while the 160mm is 1.80mm thick. Fully compatible with SRAM and Shimano braking systems, and with any others that work with those pad thicknesses, the SwissStop Catalyst Pro is primed to dominate. With better overall braking performance and long term durability, you will be as well.
- Premium 2-piece disc brake rotor for use with most braking systems
- Engineered with CFD, lab, and real world testing
- Impressively quiet, with class leading heat dissipation, stopping power
- Designed for reduced risk of warping over time; very durable in use
- The original Catalyst that set new standards for performance and durability
- Two-piece construction- SUS 410 Stainless Steel rotor with machined 7075-T6 Aluminum spider
- 6-bolt and Center Lock mount options
- Aluminum alloy spider provides increased stiffness where you need it most, discourages rotor warping
- Brake ring thickness is optimized and specific to each diameter
- 140mm & 160mm are UCI approved (rounded edges)
- Used by top road, mountain and cyclocross teams
- Compatible with all sintered and organic pad compounds
- Optimized for SwissStop EXOTherm2 and Disc RS
- Sizes/thickness: 140mm/1.85mm | 160mm/1.80mm | 180mm/1.90mm
- Weight: 165 grams (180mm CL rotor only)