SwissStop RS Organic Disc Brake Pads
SwissStop is well known across the cycling industry and marketplace for their excellent alternatives and options for OEM brake pads of all types. Their mountain disc brake pad models have drawn raves for pad wear and stopping power. SwissStop has carried that experience over to road disc brakes, which for some manufacturers and models may be the same as the XC mountain versions. SwissStop pads in most compounds are known for their superior modulation, and that is where the road compound truly shines.
The RS Compound pads from SwissStop have an organic compound known for it's smooth modulation alongside controlled stopping power. This compound is also rotor friendly, resulting in less grooving and wear. It provides extremely quiet operation in all environments. In wet, dry, snow and ice conditions the compound is noiseless; with little variation in performance. At only 1.6mm thick, the steel backplate saves weight over standard designs, yet provides the preferred thermal characteristics, strength and stability that steel ensures. The reduced thickness backplate is offset in overall pad and plate thickness with additional friction material, providing longer pad service life. This is a crucial fact as you consider cost. A SwissStop pad that costs you a few dollars more will not only improve performance, but last longer and is generally much less susceptible to chipping or breaking, which alone may be worth the cost to most riders.
Please be aware that SwissStop disc brake pads require a very specific break-in process. While all pads do have some requirements, SwissStop gives you specific instructions to achieve optimal performance and pad life. It is well worth the 10-15 minutes required and maximizes your decision to use SwissStop pads.
- Excellent alternative to OEM road disc brake pads- higher quality, with better wear
- Designed to work with any rotor materials, designs
- Finely tuned RS compound provides an ideal riding experience which is not found in other disc brake pads
- Smooth feel at the brake lever, predictable & progressive brake power, very high durability, consistently quiet operation
- Excellent modulation, competitive or better heat management than OEM pads
- RS pads feature 1.6mm steel backing plate for stiffness, heat management, durability
- Pad compound is Organic, and delivers extremely quiet operation in all environments
- Reduced thickness backplate is offset with additional friction material, providing longer pad service life
- Pads must be "bedded in" to achieve optimal performance- see SwissStop instructions or visit their website for more details on the recommended process
- See pad specifics to get the proper pad for your calipers, even subtle mfg changes require a different pad; pin location is crucial, while overall shape may appear different
- Model 28 RS fits: Shimano Road Disc BR-RS785, BR-R785, BR-R515, BR-R315, BR-CX75 Cross Mech disc; Shimano MTB Disc XTR BR-M9000, BR-M9020, BR-M987 ,BR-M988 ,BR-M985 XT BR-M8100, BR-M8000, BR-M785
- Model 30 RS fits: Campagnolo 11,12 Road disc, Magura MT 2,4,6,8
- Model 31 RS fits: Avid XO Trail, Elixir 9 Trail, Elixir 7 Trail; SRAM G2 Ultimate, RSC, Guide Ultimate, RSC, RS, R, T
- Model 32 RS fits: SRAM Red eTap AXS (Gen. 1 'Mono-Bloc' caliper), HRD, Level Ultimate,TLM (2016-2019)
- Model 34 RS fits: Shimano Dura Ace BR-R9170, Ultegra BR-R8070, 105 BR-R7070, Tiagra BR-4770, GRX BR-RX810,BR-RX400, XTR BR-M9100, Metrea BR-U5000, BR-RS805, BR-RS505, BR-RS405, BR-RS305, Tektro HD-R310, REVER MCX1 Flat Mount
- Model 35 RS fits: SRAM Red eTap AXS (Gen. 2 'Two-Piece' caliper), Force eTap AXS, Level Ultimate,TLM B1 (2020+)
- All pads come with the specific replaceable hardware/fittings as required
- Options: 28 RS, 30 RS, 32 RS, 34 RS, 35 RS
- Weight: 18-23 grams (per pair depending on option required)