Tubolito S-Tubo Road Disc Brake
When you want a superior inner tube for your disc brake road bike that is incredibly light, you want the S-Tubo Road. It is rare to see true innovation and features in bicycle inner tubes, where latex and butyl have been used for decades. Enter the duo at Tubolito, who created a new tube technology and manufacturing process to deliver high performance "standard" inner tubes that are 2/3 lighter than standard butyl tubes while offering 2x as much puncture protection. That's right, a 38 gram road tube with twice as much inherent puncture protection. Intrigued? Of course you are. Many road cyclists still prefer the ease of standard clincher tires, but by choosing the Tubo Road tube, rotational weight is reduced by approximately 80 grams per wheel and the tire/tube interaction results in slightly less friction for improved rolling resistance.
This tube is designed only for disc brake equipped wheels and is quite thin. Rim brakes create too much heat with in the rim structure, eliminating the feasibility of using this tube with rim brakes. Don't do it. Using a new high-tech thermoplastic elastomer (polyurethane/TPU) and combined with a unique manufacturing technology Tubolito is capable of delivering very light, robust and reliable bike tubes to their customers. Besides being lightweight with greater durability, the material also offer inherent damping properties- an area in which we all seek some enhancement. The team at Tubolito believe the use of new technologies and high-tech materials will further revolutionize the bike tube industry.
The S-Tubo Road (disc brake only) can be used with 700c tires sized from 18-28mm, and is a distinctive orange color, as is the valve. There are several key features and considerations for using a Tubolito tube, and we have added these in the detail section below. Please read them carefully. These are specifications, not limitations and if you are road cyclist considering a tube upgrade these will most likely be acceptable or welcome to you as you gain performance and protection at significant weight reduction in a most unlikely place- the inner tube.
- Remarkable, superlight inner tube upgrade suitable ONLY for road bikes with disc brakes
- Only 23 gram for the 40mm valve version
- 2x more resistant to punctures than a standard butyl tube
- Overall size is only about 1/4 of that of a butyl tube, takes up much less room in saddle bag
- Achieves super light weight/durability by combining a new material and in-house production technology
- Manufactured with thermoplastic elastomer- TPU
- Material is known for its durability and excellent damping abilities
- Substantially lower environmental footprint to manufacture than butyl tubes
- Air retention/loss is similar to a butyl tube
- Pinch flat protection is essentially the same as any standard tube
- If you pre-inflate for shape before installing, then do not exceed 7psi (which is plenty) as the tube can deform
- Inflate when installed within tire's listed pressure range on disc brake rims
- Only reuse in same tire size/rim configuration due to the way the material stretches
- Valve cores of all Tubolito tube products are glued in and therefore not removable
- Sealant will not repair a hole in a Tubolito tube, but will not damage one if used in a tire that had sealant inside
- Note: can only be safely/properly patched with Tubo-Flix-Kit
- All components/materials sourced in Europe, then manufactured in Europe
- Color: Orange, with orange threadless valve (extender on 80mm version is black)
- Tire size range: 18-28mm
- Valve length options: 42mm, 60mm, 80mm
- Weight: 23 grams (42mm valve)
Attention: For road disc brake wheels only!