This is the bottom bracket of choice if you have a 42mm ID BB30 frame and want to use a 24mm Shimano crank without adapters. The Wheels manufacturing BB30 Outboard bottom bracket is a familiar looking external cup bottom bracket set with bearings. Wheels ingeniously replaces the need for adapters with a very intellegent design of the cup and bearing.
The Wheels Manufacturing BB30 outboard bottom brackets just might be the best option for solid, creak-free performance if you have a BB30 frame and want to use a 24mm Shimano crankset. A very cleaver threaded design make it super solid plus easy to install and remove. The cups thread into each other which helps to stabilize both cups firmly in place without moving or creaking.
To install press the drive side cup in place with a bearing cup press and then screw the non-drive cup with a standard outboard bottom bracket tool to a torque of 35-50Nm.Return to Top
- ABEC 5 angular contact bearings
- Fits frame shell width: 68mm (road) or 73mm (mountain)
- Fits BB30 frames (frames with a 42mm internal diameter and an internal slot)
- No adapters required
- Shimano (24mm)
- 124 grams
- Made in the USA
- Anodized machined aluminum cups
- Dual silicone seal keeps the contamination out for longer life