Wheels Manufacturing PF30 Outboard Bottom Bracket
This is the bottom bracket of choice if you have a 46mm ID PF30 frame and want to use a 24mm Shimano Hollowtech II or GXP 22/24 crank without adapters. The Wheels manufacturing PF30 Outboard bottom bracket is a familiar looking external cup bottom bracket set with bearings. Wheels ingeniously replaces the need for adapters with a very intelligent design of the cup and bearing.
The Wheels Manufacturing PF30 outboard bottom brackets just might be the best option for solid, creak-free performance if you have a PressFit30 frame and want to use a 24mm Shimano/FSA or a 22/24 GXP crankset. A very clever threaded design make it super solid plus easy to install and remove. The cups thread into each other which helps to stabilize both cups firmly in place without moving or creaking.
To install press the drive side cup in place with a bearing cup press and then screw the non-drive cup with a standard outboard bottom bracket tool to a torque of 35-50Nm.
- ABEC 5 angular contact bearings
- Fits frame shell width: 68mm (road) or 73mm (mountain)
- Fits PF 30 frames (frames with a 46mm internal diameter)
- No adapters required
- Select Shimano (24mm) or SRAM (22/24mm)
- 153 grams
- Made in the USA
- Anodized machined aluminum cups
- Dual silicone seal keeps the contamination out for longer life