Some drivetrain lubes seem to have been around forever, and the primary reason of that is simple, when applied and used as directed, these products work for the conditions they were designed for. Wax has made a stronger re-entry into the road market due to reduced drivetrain friction, but for many mountain bikers, wax has been the best option for years, and our best-selling dry conditions lube has long been wax-film based White Lightning Clean Ride. Done right, Clean Ride literally sheds dirt & grime while you ride, keeping your bike running smoothly. The 8oz size is ideal for regular users, who often have a 4oz bottle as well for their vehicle or travel use.
Clean Ride sets up as a dry wax film. There is no oily film to attract abrasive contaminants, so your chain and gears will perform better and last 2 to 3 times longer than with wetter lubes that can attract and hold sand and grime. Clean Ride's self-cleaning action is actually activated by any dirt, grit or grime that finds its way onto your chain or parts. Small particles of the outer wax structure will flake off, taking the dirt, grime or grit with it. This begins the cycle of "self-cleaning". As a unique, wax-based lubricant, it is important to start with a clean chain. For optimum 'self-cleaning' performance, do not mix Clean Ride with oil-based lubricants. Once applied properly to a clean chain, the dirtier the ride, the more active the shedding action. So to this extent, Clean Ride will require more frequent re-application after dirtier rides. This is normal, and a positive development, but you will need to lightly apply Clean Ride more often to get continual results. The bonus is you don't have to clean your chain before re-applying.
When Clean Ride is used regularly and properly, you'll rarely have to clean your chain again. So, while your friends are cleaning (or ignoring) their chains, you'll be applying a fresh shot of Clean Ride and heading out for yet another great ride.Return to Top
- Great wax-based drivetrain lubricant optimal for dry conditions on the trail, road or anything in between
- Proprietary wax film lubricant
- Designed to "self clean" as you ride, with wax flaking off and taking dirt with it
- This sheds grit and grime, preventing abrasive wear
- Dry to the touch after application and set-up
- Crucial to start with a truly clean, minimally-greased chain
- Do not mix use with oil-based lubricants
- Once applied to clean chain, and used as the only lube, your chain will run more cleanly all the time
- As a result of shedding process, you will need to apply small amounts more frequently, without pre-cleaning
- Size: 8oz