Zipp SL Sprint Stem
The SL Sprint was designed with feedback from top pros to meet the unrelenting demands of Grand Tour sprinters. Zipp also tapped into expertise gained from its pioneering carbon stems and exhaustively researched the marketplace to create the SL Sprint Stem.
Zipp's goal in creating the SL Sprint stem was to create the best performing carbon stem ever. To achieve this goal, they created a stem with the highest stiffness to weight ratio on the market bringing joy to those who are super fussy about front end bar/stem flex. Techies will note the SL Sprint chart topping numbers are 1.8 grams of weight per newton meter of stiffness. Zipp borrowed Exogram technology that their parent company SRAM uses to create the ultra-light and strong Exogram Red cranks.
The 78º/-12º angle give a slightly lower, more aggressive riding position compared the more common 84º/-6º rise. Home mechanics will want to be advised the SL Sprint stem uses T25 Torx head bolts because they are more durable, they don't strip and provide more accurate torque readings.
- Exceptionally stiff, lightweight carbon stem with sleek strength and updated aesthetics
- Uses SRAM's Exogram™carbon technology for high strength at low weight
- Includes aero stem cap
- Stainless steel hardware with Torx T25 heads
- 1 1/8" steerer, 31.8 clamp diameter, 41mm stack height and 50mm clamp width
- Face bolt distance: Horizontal 27mm, Vertical 42mm
- Compatible with SL Sprint-specific QuickView Integrated Mount
- Handlebar diameter: 31.8mm
- Angle: -12°, 78° angle
- Lengths: 90, 100, 110, 120, 130 mm
- Color: Matte Black (2020 stealth gloss decals)
- Weight: 165 grams (100mm)