Giro Synthe 2 MIPS Helmet
The Synthe from Giro has been the top selling road model, combining comfort, safety, and aerodynamics in a great all-around package that has even been used by XC and gravel racers seeking efficiency. With the Synthe MIPS II, the Giro team has upgraded the Synthe with an integrated MIPS® Brain Protection System that seamlessly combines the benefits of MIPS with the acclaimed Roc Loc® 5 to enhance fit comfort while saving grams. They then stripped away the aero mesh covers, increasing cooling power while further reducing weight, and price.
The Synthe™ MIPS II is an icon, updated to be cooler and more comfortable than ever before. The compact design slips through the air with ease yet offers impressive cooling power in a light-yet durable design that’s been a rider favorite for years. It’s packed with our best features, including the Roc Loc 5 Air fit system with 2-way fit tuning and integrated MIPS® (the Multi-directional Impact Protection System),the market-leading brain protection system designed to redirect rotational forces away from the brain and provide more protection in certain impacts.
MIPS doesn't replace other Giro safety features, but enhances the overall level of protection. Giro's In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner that has exceeded CPSC requirements for years. The entire EPS foam liner design has been optimized to manage and channel the air provided by the 19 Wind Tunnel™ vents. The retention and fit system lifts the helmet structure slightly off the skull, allowing air to flow over the entire head. Not only does this cool the head and manage perspiration more effectively, it also increases comfort while reducing pressure points. The featherweight webbing of the supple Roc-Loc Air feels smooth against the skin and hair, and can be easily micro-adjusted via the rear dial. Ports in the design allow for easier interface with eyewear, and Giro has used X-Static® padding for freshness and comfort. The slimline buckle won’t pinch and it’s low-profile is forgotten once cinched.
Hence we expect the Synthe MIPS II to be even more popular with pure road cyclists, while still being embraced by any rider or triathlete who is trying to find the best balance of comfort, safety, efficiency and price.
- 2nd gen Synthe road helmet with enhanced MIPS, improved airflow, lower weight
- Exceptional wind tunnel tested aerodynamic design/function, with updated MIPS protection
- MIPS is not integrated into helmet, as well as the retention system
- In-Mold polycarbonate shell featuring EPS liner
- 19 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channeling
- Roc-Loc 5 now integrated with MIPS; proven retention and fit system, lifts helmet slightly off the skull for air flow, easy to adjust while riding, offers vertical angle set-up for proper shell level on skull
- Eyewear docking ports
- Featherweight Webbing with Slimline Buckle
- X-Static padding for freshness and comfort
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Colors: Matte White/Red, Black, Matte Black, Matte White/Silver, Matte Bright Red/Dark Red, Black/Yellow, Grey/White/Red, Matte Warm
- Weight: 268 grams (Medium)
|Head Circumference||51-55 cm / 20"-21.75"||55-59 cm / 21.75"-23.25"||59-63 cm / 23.25"-24.75"|