Park Tool ATD-1.2 Adjustable Torque Driver
Modern bicycles feature many bolts that may have highly specific torque spec, usually rated at the highest torque allowed, and it is in your interest to adhere to this maximum. Torque specifications aren't just suggestions, but crucial for safe use and preventing damage to components and the smiling visage of the unsuspecting rider. Pro techs know that their customer's well being rides on their every action. The trust required is a large part of why even cyclists capable of working on their own bikes bring their steeds to a shop for service. For shops, time is money and precision is crucial.
Park Tool assembles and calibrates the ATD-1.2 in their Minnesota factory, ensuring accuracy and minimal handling post calibration. The ATD-1.2 delivers 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, or 6 Nm of torque via an all metal internal construction, through a comfortable, ergonomic, composite molded grip and out a 1/4" standard Hex driver magnetic interface. The tool comes with four bits, with hidden storage in the handle end for the three not being used. You get 3, 4, and 5mm 1/4" Hex driver bits, and a Torx T25, which are among the most commonly used sizes for stem and seatpost related bolts, as well as derailleur mounting bolts and parts that require sensitive torque.
The short end of the driver handle is polished metal for quick ID versus Park's color coded pre-set torque drivers, and is your torque selection dial. Just turn to select the proper torque. When you use the tool, the torque limit click is loud, and you can feel the physical response limit through the handle, meaning you won't have any excuse for applying excess torque. Let the tool do the job and protect the equipment and rider with this precision Adjustable Torque Driver from Park Tool.
- Adjustable, ergonomic, shop quality, click-type torque limiting hand driver for 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, or 6 Nm
- All metal internal construction delivers reliable torque with consistency, durability
- Ergonomic handle is offset to one side for leverage, molded composite construction
- Steel extension has magnetic 1/4 standard Hex key driver interface
- Tool includes 4 tool tips: 3, 4, 5mm Hex keys, and Torx T25
- Three bit are stored in end cap of handle, 4th tool in Hex interface
- Tool is assembled and calibrated at Park Tool's factory in Minnesota
- Limits torque applied to fasteners rotating clockwise (direction cannot be changed)