Fizik Antares Versus Saddle
The Fizik Antares Versus Saddle takes the flat, firm platform of the Antares, and adds padding and a central relief channel for more comfort and reduced pressure in the perineal zone. The Versus saddle versions have been well received by both existing Fizik saddle owners and has opened up new markets for the Italian brand.
The Antares shape complements the shapes of and widths of Fizik's most popular saddles, the Aliante and the Arione. The Antares is flat just like the Arione, but is a little wider (142mm) at the tail like the Aliante--offering more support for the sit bones, with a quick narrowing to the center of the saddle, which allows the legs to drive freely to the pedals and to take advantage of the nose of this 274mm saddle. The sides drop down, and thigh glides are longer and flatter than most Fizik models, lending more support to the inner leg. The Antares is a fantastic choice for riders who prefer a lightweight, flat and slightly wider tail saddle. In Fizik's Spine Concept fit system, the Chameleon rider has moderate flexibility and can shift between postures that are aggressive relaxed.
Kium rail saddles are known for their durable, lightweight, vibration damping ride qualities. The alloy blend is resilient in t he 7mm round shape, and quite strong. The shell is a Carbon Reinforced Nylon, which offers a consistent feel, with just enough compliance so as not to be too rigid. Fizik uses a black Microtex cover that is both water resistant and long wearing. At 209 grams, it is not a super lightweight saddle, but with the added padding, comfort is the trade-off for weight, and let's face it, the Antares Versus is still pretty reasonable in weight. It also has a taller profile, so expect to accommodate padding and height when setting up your fit if coming from a standard Antares.
- Antares-shape saddle with slightly more padding and 7mm Versus channel depth
- Standard length at 274mm, extra padding extends through length of nose
- Carbon Reinforced Nylon shell has minimal give, for pedaling power
- 142mm tail supports mid-width sit bone placement
- Narrow throat and nose allow for clean path to pedals, with minimal friction
- Black Microtex cover is water resistant, and durable to long use
- Kium blended alloy 7mm round rails are strong, resilient, damp vibrations
- ICS system compatible
- Spine Concept: Chameleon fit
- Color: Black
- Weight: 209 grams