Feedback Sports BB/Cassette Tool
One of the guiding principles in the development of the Feedback Sports tool line was increasing portability and efficiency through multiple purpose tools when possible. In working to create the most portable tool options for Pro, shop and event use, storage and practicality matter. This dual-ended tool features a Shimano/SRAM-type 12-spline/23.4mm OD cassette lockring tool on one end, and an external cup bottom bracket tool for 16 notch/44mm OD designs on the other end. It just so happens that interface also fits many of Shimano's Center Lock disc rotor lockrings too. At just over 10" long, with a handle that can deliver leverage and power for both tool ends, the Feedback BB/Cassette Tool was built for all day, everyday use in event or shop settings.
Other principles for Feedback included quality materials and precise, stout construction. Forged steel with a nickel plated finish, this tool feels just right in the hand, and the machining of the tool interfaces is precise and clean. This is crucial as not only do you want the tools to fit and mate properly, but you don't want to cause any damage when applying torque, especially when removing a stubborn BB cup or cassette lockring. The handle section itself is just over an 1" on the flat sides, and has a slightly rounded profile over the edges so you can handle it comfortably, even when powering down. The finish is exceptionally durable and resists corrosion, even on the tool areas that get regular interaction with other metal surfaces.
While Feedback certainly isn't the first to combine two tools on a single handle, their BB/Cassette Tool is well executed and feels more substantial in hand than many others and delivers more effective leverage than other such tools we have tried, even those that are longer. At just under a half pound, you can feel the heft. It is taken a given that even travel-oriented tools must be substantial and durable to handle the heavy use Pro teams and event mechanics put them through. Still, the BB/Cassette Tool is a reasonable length and lays flat with the exception of the cassette lockring tool, which sits only an inch tall, so effectively packing two tools takes up little physical space. The combination of forged steel, chrome finish, dual purpose, packability, and usability is the recipe for Feedback Sports tools. Get'em while they're hot.
- Dual end tool: 16 notch 44mm bottom brackets, 12 notch 23.4mm cassette lockrings
- Forged steel construction with exactingly machined tool interfaces
- 10.5" tool with stout, rounded-edge handle delivers force and leverage
- High quality nickel plated finish is durable to all day use and resists corrosion
- Packs flat, with 1" max height at cassette locking tool end
- Fits cassette lockrings that use Shimano standard: SRAM, Chris King, SunRace, eetc>
- Fits original Hollowtech II, King, RaceFace, GXP, etc., 16 notch 44mm threaded external bottom bracket cups
- BB tool also fits 16 notch Shimano Center Lock disc rotor lockrings
- Limited Lifetime Warranty from Feedback Sports
- Color: Chrome