CeramicSpeed BSA Road Ceramic Bottom Bracket
Although many new frames favor press-fit type bottom bracket standards, there are certainly still many new or existing performance road bikes that have a BSA threaded bottom bracket shell. Cyclists with these bikes can upgrade to the top quality upgrade available. Ceramic Speed bottom bracket models save you watts and energy by reducing friction with every turn of your crankset. The science and testing behind the efficacy and benefits of ceramic bearings is definitive, but all ceramic bearings are not made the same. Ceramic Speed bearings are harder, perfectly round, and widely surpass the quality standards of most ceramics on the market. With average lifespans of 3-5 times that of high-quality steel bearings, these Silicon Nitride offerings from the Danish company pay for themselves over time in longevity alone, never mind the mechanical and performance benefits gained. If you are a competitive cyclist or triathlete who seeks every component, accessory, and bike advantage, invest in the proven friction reduction of Ceramic Speed.
BSA standard threaded frames use a 68mm wide BB shell. There are two 24mm spindle standards that are still heavily used by road cyclists: Shimano's Hollowtech straight 24mm crank spindle, and the SRAM GXP stepped 24/22mm system. The aluminum shells and interfaces to each specific system, but both are machined to exacting tolerances, so no spacers are included to insure ideal fit. The 16 notch 44mm OD orginal Shimano/SRAM cup interface is used so Park's BBT-9, BBT-19 or other 16 notch tools should be used for installation. Ceramic Speed's bearings ride in composite carriers and high-quality, steel races. The ceramic balls are polished to perfect smoothness, and should they make contact with a race, they won't damage it, but will actually serve to clean and eliminate any surface issues inside the race. Lubrication is specific to the Ceramic Speed system, as are the bearing seals. A syringe of the grease lubricant comes with the bottom bracket. Detailed instructions for installation and service come with the bottom bracket and can also be found on Ceramic Speed's Cycling website.
Properly installed, your bottom bracket should not creak or make noise. The crankset will spin freely, with the absolute minimum resistance. Machining and hand-assembly is done in Denmark, with each part and the final assembly thoroughly inspected before shipping to distributors. The 84 gram bottom bracket delivers performance far in excess of standard options on the market. Save watts and energy with every pedal stroke as you optimize your equipment to fully realize your human potential with the Ceramic Speed BSA Road Ceramic Bottom Bracket.
- BSA threaded, 68mm wide shell bottom bracket hybrid ceramic upgrade for Shimano Hollowtech or SRAM GXP crank systems
- Tested and proven to be the hardest, smoothest, roundest bearing available
- Reduce friction with every pedal stroke, ensuring energy is converted to power
- Threaded shells are aluminum, machined to exacting tolerances
- Ceramic Speed's Silicon Nitride ball bearings, composite carrier, steel races
- Proper installation and maintenance required to maximize performance
- Designed for 68mm wide, BSA threaded bottom bracket shells
- Cups are threaded drive/nondrive specific
- Includes: Bottom bracket cups, dust cover, grease
- Install to proper torque at 40Nm with 16 notch-44mm external cup tool
- Colors: Black, Red
- Select: Shimano 24mm, or SRAM GXP 24/22mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Hand assembled in Denmark