Pearl Izumi Barrier Cycling Cap
The best winter cycling caps are usually those that look the worst when you don't have your helmet on. But in cold weather training, warmth and protection top fashion. After all, that frozen nose dripping stuck to your face isn't all that becoming either. Pearl Izumi offers this Barrier Cycling Cap, a Belgian inspired design combines a custom-cut brim with full head and ear coverage for superior foul weather protection.
The P.R.O. Barrier fabric front panel adeptly covers the forehead region from wind and rain as you power forward through the elements. This highly effective piece integrates with the contoured brim to provide excellent frontal protection and coverage for the face and eyewear. The stiff brim can be flipped up when desired and its plastic material makes the cap fully machine washable. Both top and bottom have reflective elements.
The rest of the cap's body is Pearl's excellent P.R.O. Thermal Dry fabric. It provides warmth with optimal moisture transfer, dry time, and odor absorption- all crucial requirements under your helmet. The fabric layers and ergonomic panel design stretch for excellent fit, and smooth interaction with your helmet. The ears and lower neck are covered to keep the cold out, and heat it. The back flap has two key features. First, this unisex design has a ponytail slot so anyone can get the best fit out of the back of their helmet. Second, reflective elements are bold and obvious, and outside the helmet structure zone for maximum effectiveness.
The brow head band of the Barrier Cycling Cap has a brushed fleece for max comfort and wicking, and there is plenty of stretch to the overall design for a good for most people with this One Size cap. The effective temperature range is gauged from 40-55°F, which seems about right for most folks. If you are a serious four season rider, you will find three season applicability from this cap, and excellent performance. Forget the looks, keep your helmet on, wipe the frozen snot off your face, and ride into the cold and wet weather without inhibitions or worries.
- Effective, Belgian style cycling cap for cod, wet three season weather
- P.R.O. Barrier fabric on forehead for lightweight wind protection, water resistance
- Cycling specific bill provides weather protection without hindering visibility
- P.R.O. Thermal Dry fabric provides warmth with optimal moisture transfer, dry time and odor absorption
- Ergonomic fit layers easily under bike helmets
- Low profile ponytail port allows for long hair and does not interfere with helmet retention mechanisms
- Reflective elements for low–light visibility
- Barrier Front Panel: 100% polyester; Thermal: 90% polyester 10% elastane
- Size: One Size
- Color: Black