Colnago C59 Super Record Bicycle
This Colnago C59 received a ground-up build in our pro shop. Complete drivetrain and brakeset spec are Campagnolo Super Record, which is accompanied by 3T, Selle Italia, Vittoria and Supercaz accouterments. This C59 is made complete by a dark grey Campagnolo Shamal Two-Way Fit wheelset. These components and products work together to provide a perfect synergy that is delivered in understated and classic form.
Handmade carbon lugs with muted diamond shaped carbon tubes and perfect paint make the C59 one of the most sought after Italian frames ever produced. Both carbon lugs and carbon tubes are fabricated, then unified by Colnago craftsman in their Italian workshop. After construction and assembly, each C59 frame and fork are individually finished and hand painted. The deliberate construction approach in creating this Tuscan beauty eschews all concepts of modern mass production. The unique combination of technology, contemporary materials and hand craftsmanship elevates the C59 Italia to the pinnacle in new-classic design. It's easy to understand why many enthusiasts, collectors and professional riders consider this the ultimate Colnago.
The C59's, frameset uses a classic lug and tube construction technique, both of which are made from HM (high modulus) carbon fiber. All C59 carbon frame tubes are individually constructed. The front triangle features Colnago's proven, star-shaped Master profile for rigidity combined with internal ribbing for vibration damping. The C59 further maximizes stiffness with square-profiled chainstays and curved seatstays with a wishbone at the seatube intersection. Colnago crafts their own carbon lugs to control quality and offer a perfect fitment of the tube/lug junction. Beyond construction, carbon lugs allow for the complete carbon symmetry throughout the frameset for the ultimate ride quality. Lugs permit each tube to be fine-tuned for complete ride balancing with unlimited options for frame geometry. Speaking of, the field proven Colnago geometry completes the C59 Italia by optimizing handling to balance quick handling with surefooted and stable manners.
The bomber Colnago Carbon Star fork is fully tapered and borrows the Master shape for the leg profile. The fork is one piece carbon including the lugs and is possibly the most stout fork we have handled to date. The Star Carbon features a monster carbon crown to provide the final word in tracking and stability. The no-nonsense manner of the fork is the perfectly paired to the C59 and elevates the ride quality to a level beyond.
Included with C59 frame purchase is the Colnago Carbon Star fork, IS Tapered Headset and cosmetically-paired carbon seatpost. The C59 frame will require a standard BSC threaded bottom bracket and a braze-on front derailleur.
- Colnago C59 frame with handmade/custom carbon lugs and tubes
- Colnago Carbon Star fork
- Colnago Master-shaped main tubes
- Square-taper chainstay/s-bend seat stay
- Last of the great C-Series frame designs
- Perfect detailing of decals, paint and gloss
- Robust tapered headtube
- Standard 31.6mm seatpost diameter
- Beautiful 12WH colorway
- Made in Italy
- Campagnolo Super Record Bottom Bracket ITA
- Campagnolo Super Record Crankset - 172.5mm 34/50T
- Campagnolo Super Record Front Derailleur - Braze
- Campagnolo Super Record Rear Derailleur
- Campagnolo Super Record Ergopower Levers
- Campagnolo Super Record Brakeset - Double Pivot/Front, Single Pivot/Rear
- Campagnolo Chorus Cassette - 12-27
- Campagnolo Record Chain
- Campagnolo Ergopower Cableset
- 3T ARX Pro II Stem - 110mm
- 3T Ergonova Team Carbon Handlebar - 42cm
- Supercaz Sticky Kush Handlebar Tape - Black
- Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Saddle
- Colnago C59 Argos Headset
- Colnago C59 Carbon Seatpost - 31.6mm
- Campagnolo Shamal Two-Way Fit Wheelset
- Vittoria Open Corsa G+ Graphene Tires - 700x25c
Sizing your C59: Colnago describes the frame size as the actual seat tube length from the center of the bottom bracket to about the middle of the seat collar extension.
One easy way of determining your size is to measure your existing frame's effective top tube (measure the horizontal distance from center of headtube to center of seatube) and compare with the C59 top tube. The other way is to simply size down one size from your regular size to get your Colnago C59 size. For example, if you're a 54cm in your current frame then downsize to a 52s.