Pearl Izumi Cyclone Gel Glove
The Cyclone Gel Glove is a best-selling product, but Pearl keeps improving the Cyclone, and the current version offers conductive synthetic leather on the index and thumb for touch screen capability. This addition is welcome, and really the only complaint heard about the previous iteration.
The Cyclone employs Elite Softshell fabric on the outer hand for impressive wind and water protection. This breathable fabric allows moisture to escape, while retaining some heat to keep you comfortable in cool conditions. For many riders, the Cyclone is the most temperature versatile glove available; possibly 35-60 degrees depending on weather variables. The long gauntlet design keeps your wrist warm, the soft elastic fabric prevents air leakage with the assistance of the under wrist hook and loop closure.
The designers at Pearl shape the glove anatomically, using their 1:1 system and specific panels to accommodate fit during active use and grip without bunching under the palm or feeling too taut over the back. The same 1:1 philosophy applies to the application of the gel padding over the Ulnar and Median nerves for maximum protection in the those key zones, as well as under the base of the metacarpals. The padding is segmented, to allow the glove to move freely in fit, without compromising protection. The palm itself is durable, soft to touch , and sewn in panels that assist with active fit. Finger dexterity is crucial for active braking, as is grip, so both index and middle fingers have a striped application that will ensure lever control in wet and cold conditions.
Pearl never forgets the details, and reflective highlights promotes visibility, and a soft, windproof fleece on the thumb provides a safe, soft wiping zone. For many cyclists, the essence of the Cyclone Gel is the fit and function. A glove can block weather, and have great design and graphics, but it has to offer those with exceptional practical effectiveness. Pearl Izumi delivers great products that work, and the Cyclone Gel is their best selling glove. You do the math.
- Versatile, weather protective, padded transitional season glove for serious cyclists
- ELITE Softshell fabric on back of hand provides superior wind and water protection
- Synthetic leather palm is soft and durable
- 1:1 GEL Padding creates bridges over Ulnar and Median nerves
- 1:1 Glove fit maximizes finger dexterity for shifting and braking
- Conductive synthetic leather on index finger/ thumb works with touchscreen devices
- Long gauntlet design keeps wrists warm and prevents air leakage
- Soft, windproof fleece wiping surface on thumb
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Colors: Black, Black/Red