Stages Dash L10 Cycling Computer
The Stages Dash L10 Cycling Computer is the most cost-effective model of the upgraded and updated Dash line-up. The powermeter-ready L10 is the direct upgrade of the original Dash, which, while having some great features, suffered from under spec'ed hardware. Suffice to say that Stages has learned from that experience, massively increased the hardware capability, carried the features forward while adding new ones- and dropped the price to under $150. The Dash L10 also connects to a truly improved Stages Link App, which makes utilizing it's tools and features easier.The Dash L10 is packed with all the essential ride-tracking and data capture you expect from a GPS computer along with a complement of cutting-edge workout and training features to help any rider push their limits and chase their goals. The L10 is highly configurable so you can see what you want, where you want it, and features basic course mapping to help you get to where you want to go.
Unlike the L50 and M50, the Dash L10 has a high contrast monochromatic LCD screen with backlight, not the color screen. Still the clarity and definition of the 68mm (2.7", diagonal) screen, even in bright light. The unit has a night mode as well, with a black background. The L10 has a fully customizable layout: landscape or portrait mode, user defined profiles and custom data fields with up to 16 cells per screen, with intuitive menu-based screens for easy setup and use. You have the option to set it up via the unit, or through the Stages Link App on your phone. Though limited compared to the M50/L50 models, the L10 is a smart cycling computer and the Stages Link App offers a great interface with your phone's operating system (iOS or Android). Audio and/or visual alerts are also user selectable for all features. Communication wise the Dash M50 offers Bluetooth LE, USB, and ANT+. The unit has internal temperature recording, is ANT+ and Bluetooth HR strap, Speed/cadence sensor compatible, and Power Meter compatible.
The L10 gives you a plethora of overall capabilities. You can sync rides and workouts via Bluetooth or USB, as well as follow basic courses in .FIT, .GPX or .TCX file formats. Stages has their free custom course builder via Stages Link, including user-defined points of interest (city limit signs, etc). The Dash L10 offers GPS based current, average and max speed, distance, ride/lap time with auto start/stop, on-unit power meter management (pair, zero reset), and Advanced Workout Mode with text-based descriptions. Of course you can also add workouts via .FIT files from Stages Link or 3 rd party apps as well. In terms of powermeter-based training, you have power metrics including TSS, IF and Normalized Power, along with parameters like user-defined FTP and heart rate and power zones. Stages also gives you a Training Calendar and advanced analytics available via the Link app as well.
Stages is using a stable and reliable rechargeable LiPo battery that is charged with a USB cord from the unit. The battery delivers up to 24 hours of real life use. The secure Dash mounting system includes aluminum bar mounts, and the standard 31.8mm road bar out front (but close to stem) version is included with the unit, while a comprehensive series of other mount styles are sold separately. All documentation is provided, though the Stages Link App is very friendly and easy to use. If you are looking for a solid and capable GPS cycling computer for powermeter training, you truly can't beat the Dash L10 for the money. As you balance budget versus needs and preferences, it is easy to embrace what Stages is able to deliver in this price point.
- Cost effective GPS cycling computer, powermeter ready with great features
- Optimized for the cycling experience with layout, set-up, ergonomics, options
- Quality construction and case with aluminum mount and mount interface system
- GPS & GNSS satellite support
- BLE, ANT+, and USB; data transfer- Sync rides, workouts via BLE or USB
- Stages high contrast monochromatic LCD screen with backlight, Night Mode (black background)
- Intuitive menu-based screens for easy setup via Stages Link app on phone or Dash
- Follow basic courses in .FIT, .GPX or .TCX file formats
- Free custom course builder via Stages Sync site including user-defined points of interest
- Add workouts via .FIT files from Stages LINK or 3rd party apps
- Advanced Workout Mode with text-based descriptions
- Fully featured and connected powermeter application and metrics
- Free Stages LINK app pairs with Dash for ride file downloads, detailed analysis and ride history and pushes to 3rd party apps including Strava, TrainingPeaks, etc
- 512mb flash storage
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Rechargeable LiPo battery with 24 hour run time in real life use
- Dimensions: 85mm wide x 73mm tall x 20mm depth (landscape)
- Lightweight aluminum (22g) low profile 31.8mm out-front bar mount included
- Includes: USB cable, documentation
- Color: Black/Aluminum
- Weight: 98 grams