Pinarello Dogma F8 Dura Ace R9100 Bicycle
The Dogma F8 has carried Team Sky to new heights, and while it has given way to the F10 model, you can take advantage of special pricing on this Excel Sports built Dogma F8 Dura Ace R9100 Bicycle. We built this bike with race specifications that serious cyclists will be able to appreciate. Featuring a full Dura-Ace R9100 11-speed groupset, as well as the R9100 C24-CL Wheelset, and kit items from 3T, Selle Italia, and Vittoria, this bike is just flat out special to experience.
The story of the Dogma evolution and the F8 version has been widely shared, but suffice to say that Pinarello has applied lengthy, continual engineering processes to the design. In collaboration with Jaguar, a deep series of Computational Fluid Dynamic evaluation and wind tunnel testing, along with real life testing by Team Sky cyclists to develop the Dogma F8. Employing top grade Torayca T1100 1K DreamCarbon NanoAlloy material, the frame design became lighter, stiffer laterally, more balanced, with greater asymmetry and seriously improved ride quality and performance over the Dogma 65.1 design. These aren't judgments, but quantified results: 47% improved aerodynamics, 120 gram weight reduction, 12%more laterally rigid, with 16% more frame balance.
The tapered steerer fork received the same engineering treatment, borrowing heavily from the design used on the Bolide TT frameset. By widening the legs, airflow over and through the wheel and around the hub was improved, reducing drag at the first point of contact with the frameset, setting the stage for the shapes to follow. This Onda F8 fork carries a simpler curve than previous Onda units, yet retains the vibration-defeating properties that made it so popular with riders. The aerodynamic improvement over the Onda2 is 47%, while being 10% lighter. The carbon fiber steerer tapers from 1½" at the fork crown to 1⅛", meaning you use a standard 1⅛" ID stem. The headset is specific to the design, with a flat bearing race design that integrates with the tapered headtube for unbelievably precise handling and steering control. The Onda F8 fork also carries the Pinarello asymmetric construction- which is truly a fork dropout to rear frame dropout enhancement process.
The frame itself features many advancements that all contribute to the overall effect of the Dogma F8. The construction of the tubes has been optimized for the T1100 1K carbon, which reduced weight. The tube shapes employ the CFD and wind tunnel proven FlatBack shape, which is an advancement of the Kamm Tail design. The rear seat stays were shaped to integrate lower and more cleanly into the seattube, which greatly improved airflow around this tricky zone. The chainstays are perhaps the most obvious visual example of the asymmetric frame development, which is built throughout the design to counteract and balance the forces of the right side drivetrain. The left side of the frameset, through the fork leg through the main triangle, bottom bracket and left side stays have all been enhanced to resist even the mildest torsion and offset that the drivetrain creates.
Pinarello has developed the Think2 cable management system for simple and quick installation of any type of drivetrain system, incorporating the finished product and internal routing with the aerodynamic design. The bottom bracket is a threaded Italian interface, as the engineers valued creak-free reliability and connection over saving a few grams. Everything about the Pinarello Dogma F8 indicates impeccable quality, and the finishes- paint, matte, or raw all exemplify Fausto Pinarello's attention to detail and inimitable Italian style If you need assistance with sizing, a build or have other questions, please contact us directly via phone or email for expert guidance.
As for the build kit, the refined and updated Dura-Ace R9100 groupset offers better ergonomics, smoother, crisper shifting (keeping in mind it was already the best mechanical shifting available), improved braking power, aerodynamics and feel, greater range from the standard rear derailleur and refined lever arm design and leverage from the front derailleur. We opted for a 36-52T crankset and 11-30 cassette for excellent range and gearing options for all terrain and rider preference. You will fall in love with the performance and incredible finish of this premier mechanical groupset. As noted above, the Dogma F8 requires an Italian threaded bottom bracket, which Dura-Ace also supplies for the Hollowtech II crankset.
We chose the R9100 C24-CL clincher wheelset for it's lightweight, durability, and incredible ride quality. Responsive, with a machined allow brake track, the C24 is a lower profile rim design that features a carbon/alloy rim structure that improves lateral stiffness and smooths out the ride. For tires, we opted for Vittoria's Open Corsa CX III in 700x25mm. Supple, with excellent grip and feel, this tire is a top seller for a reason. 3T's carbon Ergosum Team Handlebar and ARX II Team Stem create the fore cockpit, while the Pinarelllo F8 Aero Carbon Seatpost carries the 128 gram Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Saddle. Black Super Sticky Kush Bar Tape wraps up the build. Our mechanics leave the steerer tube at max allowable length, with black alloy spacers so you can set-up your bike fit as needed. Please keep in mind that the Dogma F8 is a race design with a reasonably short head tube. Please ensure you carefully consider the F8 section of the geometry chart for proper sizing. If you have any questions about size, spec, or features of the this Dogma F8 Dura Ace R9100 Bicycle, please give us a call at 800.627.6664, and we will do everything we can to assist you with this fantastic road bike.
- 2016 Dogma F8 as a complete bike with Dura-Ace 9100 build kit, DA Wheelset
- F8 complete frameset with tapered Onda F8 fork, headset, aero carbon seatpost
- World class performance road cycling design with full race geometry
- CFD & wind tunnel optimized for strength, ride quality, power transfer, aerodynamics
- Entire frameset constructed with Pinarello's asymmetric philosophy
- FlatBack tube & fork blade profiles for torsional & bending resistance, aerodynamics
- Torayca T1100 1K CarbonDream fiber with NanoAlloy Technology
- Onda F8 full carbon 1½" to 1⅛" tapered fork optimized from Bolide TT design
- Think2 cable management system for electronic or mechanical drivetrain flexibility
- Includes FlatBack Air8 setback carbon post, used with integrated TwinForce clamp
- Shimano Dura-Ace R9100 11-speed mechanical complete groupset
- R9100 36-52T Crankset, with BB R9100 Italian threaded bottom bracket
- R9100 11-30 Cassette, HG901 Chain, R9100 Rear Der./ Braze-on Front Der.
- R9100 Dual Pivot Caliper Brakeset
- R9100 C24-CL Wheelset w/ Vittoria Open Corsa CX III Tires, 700x25, tubes
- 3T Ergosum Team Stealth Carbon Handlebar, 3T ARX II Team Stealth Stem
- Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle, Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Tape- Black
- Steerer tube cut at max allowable stack height, with black alloy spacers
- Sizes (may vary by availability): 53, 55, 56cm (check F8-specific sizing in chart
- 53cm spec: Bar width 40cm, Stem length 90cm, Crank length 172.5mm
- 55cm spec: Bar width 42cm, Stem length 100cm, Crank length 172.5mm
- 56cm spec: Bar width 44cm, Stem length 110cm, Crank length 175mm
- Color (may vary by availability): BOB
- Weight: (tbd)