Garmin Dual Heart Rate Monitor with Strap
Garmin has long built their technical cycling and fitness equipment around the ANT+ communication system, which has offered a stable wireless carrier that isn't restricted by limited channels. It is true that as competitors have built smartphone app around the Bluetooth Smart or BLE communication protocol, Garmin has been slow to add this functionality.
With the Dual Heart Rate Monitor with Strap, Garmin has updated one of their ubiquitous stand-alone and combo pack items, the chest Heart Rate Monitor Strap to ANT+ and BLE protocols, with the Bluetooth system offering two connectivity channels. With it, you’ll be able to consistently receive accurate heart rate on your Garmin device, in online training apps such as Zwift or even the compatible fitness equipment in your favorite class at the gym. So however you like to train, you’ll get the accurate, real-time heart rate you need to take your performance to the next level.
Other than a textured body shell and improved battery life (up to 3.5 years), nothing else has really changed. The sealed HRM unit is still powered by a CR2302 battery accessible by removing the back panel. The strap still fits virtually every body, and the unit performs consistently and reliably. Keeping the strap clean is easy, just unsnap it from the HRM pod, and you can quickly and easily hand wash and air dry it.
- ANT+, BLE (Dual channel) HRM strap from Garmin
- Improves connectivity options, especially with indoor training/smartphone use
- Radio Frequency/Protocol: 2.4 GHz ANT wireless communications protocol; Bluetooth® Wireless Technology 5.0
- Battery Life: Up to 3.5 years (based on average use of 1 hour per day)
- Battery: User-replaceable size CR2032 (3 volts)
- Range: 3 m
- Water Resistance: 1 ATM
- Strap Length: Adjustable from 25" to 52" (63.5 cm to 132 cm)
- HRM module: 2.4" W x 1.3" H x 0.4" D (62 mm x 34 mm x 11 mm)
- Weight: 1.9 oz (54.4 g)