Pearl Izumi Elite Tall Wool Sock
Merino Wool yarn is truly the best friend an active winter athlete can have. Keeping your feet warm and dry, without excessive bulk, is crucial for cycling, XC skiing, and running in cold weather. The Pearl Izumi Elite Tall Wool sock is a great choice for winter endurance athletes with it's 19.5 cm height, and low volume loft. Pearl employs it's ELITE Transfer Merino Wool throughout, with additional material in the heel and toe area for comfort and increased moisture transfer. The top of the foot gets a mesh weave for greater active ventilation, while the anatomic arch compression provides a performance fit in this sensitive area. The sock won't bunch up here, and provides excellent light support for your arch.
The merino wool yarn provides insulative properties, even when wet, though Pearl has gone to great measures to manage moisture. In warmer weather, this sock will still be comfortable, and in transitional seasons it will be perfect. Sub-freezing temps are governed by personal choice, but most will opt for a warmer sock, or a protection and insulation oriented cover or shoe/boot. Comfort is crucial with a winter sock, because fumbling around in the cold is no fun, and Pearl demonstrates it's experience with a flat seam on the toe for minimal chafing, less bulk, and a smooth finish. The ELITE Tall Wool Sock is made of 49% Merino wool, 48% nylon, and 3% elastane. You get great fit, performance and wear with his excellent Tall Wool Sock.
- Merino wool blend sock with tall cuff excellent for use transitional seasons
- ELITE Transfer Merino wool yarns provide superior moisture transfer and insulation
- Anatomic arch compression for a performance fit
- Mesh ventilation over top of foot
- Flat toe seam construction provides superior comfort over toes
- Tall 19.5 cm cuff height in unisex sizing
- 49% Merino wool 48% nylon 3% elastane
- Color: Black, Grey
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL