Pearl Izumi Escape Quest Bib Short
Pearl Izumi's Quest Bib Short is a top seller for several reasons. Yes, price is one, however, the fact is that what you get for the money is what makes it so popular. Plus, you can easily justify having several in your closet. Overall this is a bib short that any rider can enjoy, but the sweet spot is likely for 1-3 hour rides at any effort level. Take advantage of Pearl's commitment to quality fabrics and construction and enjoy your ride and still have enough cash for the designer coffee when looking casual at post-ride confab.
The Quest bibs are constructed from six panels of Select Transfer fabric. As you would imagine, Select Transfer is designed with moderate compression, and will move or transfer moisture away from your body through the outer layer of the fabric where it will expedite the drying process. Beyond function, it's also durable and washable. The upper is constructed from a polyester-elastane mesh which offers substantial stretch and comfortable fit and finish. This fabric is light, elastic and vented to provide support while not feeling cumbersome or restrictive. The edges are finished to prevent chafing or discomfort.
The major update for the Quest Bib Short is the new Select-level Escape chamois pad. Designed and built with Pearl Izumi's 1:1 construction process, the areas that require the most padding get it, while where direct pressure is less, a thinner padding level is used. The high density, variable thickness foam breathes and won't absorb moisture, and the soft top cover is anti-microbial to ensure skin health. The bib is finished off with a very comfortable turned leg hem, which is held in place with a printed silicone leg gripper that will maintain the position of the short while riding. BioViz reflective elements ensure visibility in low-light conditions.
- Top-selling, cost effective bib with excellent technical properties, expert construction
- Select Transfer fabric has moderate compression, soft feel, highly breathable
- Upper constructed from stretch mesh with wide bib straps, finished edges
- New blended thickness SELECT Escape 1:1™ Chamois for chafe-free comfort
- Printed silicone leg gripper on turned hem holds short comfortably where you want it
- BioViz™ reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Body: 88% nylon 12% Lycra elastane- 240 g/m2; Mesh: 80% polyester 20% elastane
- Effective temperature range: 60-100°F
- Inseam: 9.5"
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black