Hutchinson Fusion 5 All-Season Tubeless Road Tire
All season, Tubeless Ready performance comes down to one thing- grip in any condition. Yes, high mileage is good, so is puncture protection, but if your road tubeless tire can't keep you upright and in control, you have to change tires. Hutchinson's Fusion 5 All Season Tubeless Ready Tire can be your year-round training option. With the new ElevenSTORM® rubber compound, Hutchinson sginificanlty advanced it;'s excellent predecessor.
Hutchinson pioneered the Road Tubeless tire system in partnership with Shimano and has the deepest development and production experience with the system. Their flat carbon bead system is designed work perfectly with Road Tubeless Ready rims, and won't stretch with use, preventing accidental roll off, even in case of a serious flat tire situation. As with all tubeless tires, there is no internal friction from tube/tire interaction, so though the rubber features a larger grain surface for enhanced grip it is still a decently efficient tire.
The 127tpi casing is the perfect structure for the Fusion 5 series. The casing offers a consistently round shape, with more than enough suppleness under pressure, yet enough strength to feel substantial. The rubber system overall is the dynamic ElevenSTORM® compound and Hutchinson considers this compound to be the pinnacle of development for all-around tires, offering their best combination in the 5 performance highlights of a tire: Grip, Efficiency, Durability, Puncture resistance and Comfort. The butyl sealing liner is joined by the flexible Kevlar Pro Tech belt for additional flat protection under the center tread. The tread design is advanced with the All Season tread voids that sipe away water and provide extra grip when cornering at all times.
With incredible puncture protection and great bead seal, this a tire that essentially eliminates pinch flats and seriously reduces small punctures as well- resulting in a safer tire all around. The use of Hutchinson's Protect Air Max Sealant can quickly fill small punctures and help provide a premier seal at the bead. At just 325 grams in a 700x25, this tire offers weights the balance to grip, durability, and protection and performance. When you factor in the average road tube at just over 100 grams, this is still a reasonably lightweight set-up, even when you use sealant.
Road Tubeless tires should be used with Road Tubeless rims for optimal safety and performance. As with all products, Road Tubeless tires have greatly improved in the technology's life span. The Fusion 5 series from Hutchinson stands apart, and ElevenSTORM sets a new standard for tread rubber. For all-season training in wet or dry conditions, we highly recommend the Fusion 5 All-Season Tubeless Ready Tire. The grip is superb and if you prefer to race on the Galactik or Performance versions, the common rubber compound, casing and over feel will make the transition seamless.
- Advanced road Tubless Ready tire optimized with all season, all conditions capability
- ElevenSTORM® rubber compound balances grip, efficiency, puncture resistance, comfort with impressive wear and durability.
- 1.6mm max tread thickness leads to smooth ride, impressive feel
- All Season tread version aids rubber in increasing grip, with slight sacrifice in rolling resistance, but superior performance when wet
- Carbon bead technology prevents bead stretch under any circumstance
- Kevlar Pro Tech added for additional protection under tread
- 127 tpi fine fiber nylon casing is supple and make installation easier
- Advanced void tread with directional angled siping for grip, water displacement
- Can be used with tube if desired, or in emergencies
- Hutchinson recommends tubeless use with their Protect Air Max Sealant only
- Sizes: 700x25, 700x28
- Color: Black
- Weight: 325g 700x25, 345g 700x28
- Made in France