Donnelly G//C Gravel Ultegra 8020 Bicycle DEMO
These DEMO G//C Gravel Ultegra 8020 Bicycles from our showroom have minimal use, and feature a strong overall spec that is a great complement to this standout carbon gravel frameset. Take advantage of DEMO bike pricing and save before these great deals disappear.
With the release of the G//C (gravel) carbon frameset, Donn Kellogg has played to his passions and belief in the power to bicycles to deliver unique personal and shared experiences that can fuel a lifetime of healthy activity. The G//C Gravel Frameset has been well received by gravel riders and media testers in large part because Donnelly's reputation is behind it, but in practice it is being embraced for an even better reason. This is a serious frameset, with experienced design and engineering; built with precision and high quality carbon to ensure the G//C will ride and respond with the performance edge serious cyclists require, but with the geometry, handling, and compliance that are essential to success on rough roads, hour after hour.
The G//C, like any carbon frameset, starts not with the fiber or lay-up, but with a design process that factors in desired characteristics and usage, as well as the overall geometry that best suits these fundamental aspects. The engineers then decide how to apply the carbon and resin to develop the frame that delivers on the design purpose. For a gravel frameset, both the frame and fork must have the torsional strength, vertical compliance, and long-term resilience you can trust. Donnelly turned to Rolf Singenberger, the well known and award winning designer formerly with BMC and Eddy Merckx to add another level of technical and carbon expertise to the internal design team. The result is a true gravel design, that takes full advantage Donnelly spec'd high modulus carbon fiber in the lay-up to create the needed strength, power transfer, and stability required.
The dominant, lightweight, high modulus carbon is complemented with other modulus grades and specific lay-up characteristics. We can only presume this has taken place. The one visually obvious indicator is in the top tube, where the angled design can reflect an ability to bow, or defeat impact forces through a spring-like action that is imperceptible as you ride, but can appreciated because of what you don't feel, the force of countless small impacts and vibrational buzz you instinctively know you should be feeling.
The construction amplifies the geometry. The G//C is not a cyclocross frameset with more tire clearance, but one built for the real requirements of gravel. The wheelbase is extended, offering more tire clearance, yes, but also offering the handling and stability required on long, straight roads for hours on end, when rough surfaces, fatigue and race bike-like twitchy handling is a bad combination. The G//C has a slightly tall headtube, at 170mm, ensuring that your starting fit position is not too aggressive. Again the expected use and activity define the physical requirements. Long hours and mileage on a road bike, with smooth pavement, is hard on even the fittest cyclist. Now do it on gravel. The G//C has a smooth, stable ride, but still responds well to aggressive pedal input, and can be handled aggressively enough on pavement to make you smile on a curvy downhill. The ride is muted, because it needs to be, and you can bring the excitement out in the frameset. It's light weight, and impressive construction ensure that.
Shimano's Ultegra road disc brake components deliver the best value on the market, with precision shifting, powerful controlled braking, and durability. The R8020 Dual Control hydraulic levers have great ergonomics and deliver the shifting reliability you need and dictate the capabilities of the R8070 Flat Mount disc calipers. From the R8000 series the 50-34 Hollowtech II crankset, braze-on front derailleur, and chain all stay on point. For these demo builds we opted for the clutch-equipped Ultegra-level RD-RX800 medium cage rear derailleur a R7000 11-34 cassette. In honor of the allroad capability the 160mm XTR RT99 Freeza Center Lock rotors deliver stopping power and IceTech cooling technology.
We wanted a high performing, great riding, reliable tubeless ready wheelset, and the Mavic Allroad Disc CL was the perfect choice. UST tubeless ready, with 12mm thru-axle hubs, steel spokes and Mavic's ID 360 9° engagement freehub, this is a great everyday allroad wheelset. For tires, enjoy the fast rolling, hugely popular 700x40 Donnelly XPlor MSO Tubeless model.
Ritchey WCS components drive the cockpit, with a 27.2 Single Bolt Alloy 20mm offset seatpost, C220 stem, and Evomax handlebar, all in the Blatte colorway, with the WCS Streem 145mm wide saddle. Supacaz bar tape offers grip, comfort, and feel in the durable Classic Super Sticky Kush. Donnelly equips the frameset with an FSA headset for the tapered fork/headtube, and you get a Dura-Ace BB92-41B bottom bracket, and carbon headset spacers finalize the build.
- Complete DEMO Donnelly G//C Gravel Ultegra 8020 bikes with minimal use
- Long distance performance geometry with compliance and stability
- Great option for longer distance commuters, and as year-round training bike
- Internal routing for mechanical or electronic drivetrains
- Tapered carbon fork, w/ FSA Orbit C-40-ACB 1.5 (No.42-ACB) Headset
- Fits 700/650b wheels with up to 700 x 45mm and 650b x 50mm tires
- Flat Mount disc brake standard on frame and fork (for up to 160mm rotors)
- Pressfit BB86 design (Shell ID: 41mm / Shell width: 86.5mm)
- Built for 27.2mm diameter seatpost
- Front derailleur tab is removable; rear derailleur hanger is replaceable
- Three bottle cage bosses; FT/RR fender bosses
- Dropouts: 12/142mm rear, 12/100mm fork thru-axles (included)
- Ultegra R8000/8020/8070 group with RX800 clutch equipped medium cage RD, R7000 11-34 cassette, R8000 50-34 crankset, DA BB92-41B bottom bracket, XTR RT99 Freeza CL 160mm disc rotors
- Mavic Allroad CL wheelset, UST Tubeless ready; Donnelly 700x40 XPlor MSO TL tires
- Ritchey WCS Evomax bar, C220 stem, 1-bolt 27.2mm seatpost, Streem 145mm saddle
- Supacaz Super Sticky Cush Classic Black bar tape; carbon spacers
- Component specifics by frame size
- XS Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 70mm, Crank length: 170mm
- Small Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 170mm
- Medium Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- Large Bar width: 44c-c, Stem length: 110mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- XL Bar width: 44-c-c, Stem length: 120mm, Crank length: 175mm
- Colors: Gray, Sand
- See drop down selection for availability