Goomah G733 Fixed Gear Bicycle
These minimally used Excel demo bicycles are available at special pricing. Please call our expert staff at 800.627.6664 if you have specific questions about these fantastic complete bikes.
Most cyclists know Assos as a premier cycling clothing manufacturer, but the company has often delved into framesets over the years, seeking the right design, style, and perfection that defines the performance clothing line. The G733 Goomah frameset is a product of Werksmannschaft and Goomah SA. The former is the R&D division of Assos and the latter are engineers. Assos has had a hand in carbon frame development since the mid 1970's, so this is not a new direction, but a continuation. Here we have built the G733 Goomah with Shimano Ultegra groupset and wheels, along with kit items from 3T. We would love for more cyclists to get a chance to own these limited distribution framesets and the Ultegra price point allows us to offer a truly exceptional value in a tremendous complete bike.
The unique frame construction sports a proprietary UD carbon and 3K carbon weave called Matrix Surface Mapping. This design blends these two different carbons borrowing the strength from each to create a frame that is stiff for optimized power output, yet compliant for long range comfort and perfect handling manners (or as Assos puts it: "hugs the road like a snake"). UD is rigid while 3K tends to be damp and more forgiving. Blending of these two carbons results in perfect handling and performance. The front triangle features optimized shaped tubes that offer a stiff frame that has little torsional deflection, but still remains vertically compliant for a smooth ride. Super thin and triangular seat stays add to the compliant ride quality by enhancing performance through passive suspension through the natural flex and dampening of the small carbon stays. These combined fabrication methods and careful carbon selection brings the frame weight down to a scant 980 grams for a size medium.
All tube shapes of the main frame are optimized for both torsional rigidity and vertical compliance with an eye on aerodynamics. A proprietary tapered fork fits perfectly into the headtube/downtube cross section for a perfected aerodynamic profile with minimal air disturbance. Variable wall thickness and carbon steerer tube offers precise steering input keeps the weight down to a feathery 329 grams. The G733 features a proprietary design known as the Asymmetric Power Balance Compensator. This clever approach features non-drive chainstay that has a far denser UD carbon composition and 5mm larger in width, which creates a stiffer stay than the opposing drive-side chainstay. This helps balance the uneven torque load to create harmony and equilibrium, thus resulting in a surprisingly quiet, stable and zen-like ride quality.
Shimano's 11 speed Ultegra 6800 groupset performs at a high level, is incredibly reliable, and has a quality finish to match. The full Ultegra group functions beautifully as an integrated system, especially with the wide ranging gearing featuring a compact 50-34 crankset and 11-28 cassette. The Ultegra 6800 Wheelset has the finish and function to match. The new, wider rim design is consistent with the current trend, and with the supplied 23c Schwalbe One Tubeless Tires, you have the option of riding tubed or tubeless with sealed rims. A 3T Ergosum bar and ARX Pro Stem create the front of the cockpit, and Assos supplies a full carbon Goomah FSA K-Force seatpost that carries a Fizik Arione R3 Kium saddle.
Taken as a whole, at just under $3900, this is a special complete bike. The frameset rides with superb manners, accelerates immediately and feels like a dream. Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a fantastic bike at a great price. The build has been professionally completed here in our shop, and our staff of experienced cyclists is here to assist you get this amazing value shipped to you.
- The G733 Goomah complete Ultegra bike is ideal for a high mileage rider seeking in incredible ride quality, consistent, excellent performance, and exceptional value
- Unique UD carbon and 3K carbon weave construction achieved by Matrix Surface Mapping technique, employs asymmetric engineering
- Full carbon 1 1/8"-1 1/4" tapered proprietary fork (368g uncut)
- Custom gold-platinum headset with etched Goomah logos
- 2-5mm, 2-2.5mm gold-platinum headset spacer with etched Goomah logos
- Goomah-badged FSA K-Force 190g 27.2mm carbon post with 25mm setback
- BB386 EVO BB shell/ adapters for Shimano
- Electronic compatible frameset with ports, covers, battery mounts/access
- Front derailleur braze-on mount, Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- Full 11 speed Ultegra 6800 groupset with 50-34 crankset, 11-28 cassette
- Wheelset: Ultegra 6800, featuring 23mm wide rims, 16h spoke radial front, 20h 2x rear straight-pull design with off center rear, Tubeless Ready Schwalbe One 700x23c tires
- 3T Ergosum Pro bar with ARX II stem, LizardSkins DSP 2.5mm handlebar tape
- Fizik Arione R3 Kium Rail saddle
- Built by professionals, and shipped by experts from Excel Sports Boulder
Please contact us at (800)627-6664 for other details, sizing questions, or any assistance.