Castelli Gabba ROS Short Sleeve Jersey
The Gabba design represents a form of never-duplicated Castelli genius and as the all weather cycling jersey moves into it's 4th generation, even Castelli has only been able to make small variations and improvements. It took Castelli's close working relationship with GORE-TEX and a new lightweight, blocking, highly breathable textile to drive innovation. For the fourth-generation Gabba the designers started with a clean slate to make a significant upgrade. That involved moving it to water resistance, which meant developing two new exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® fabrics. Castelli made the front-facing INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 205 Warm fabric better insulating, and the inner layer has a light brushing, while the rear-facing INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 203 Stretch fabrics are lighter, yet more water repellent than the previous Gabba. The effect is an even more capable Gabba, with lighter weight and increased fabric flexibility.
The important details of the Gabba ROS Short Sleeve Jersey include taped shoulder seams for extra rain protection, a YKK®Vislon® zipper for easy sliding, placket covered for extra wind and rain protection, a dropped tail with large black reflective panel, and new pocket design. Castelli opted to move from a one-pocket system to a two pocket structure with an internal sleeve that was conceived for securing a pump, but can also be used for other small items you don't want tumbling around.
The concept of the Gabba has always been built around a jersey like fit and feel, with warmth and protection that would get you through cool or wet transitional weather in a true performance option. The Rain or Shine (ROS) short sleeve version could be paired with arm warmers when desired then ridden as just a jersey. The high, soft collar and dropped tail are about the only two features that give away the fact that the piece is more than just a jersey with an aero-like fit and design. Instead of a basic barrier that resists wind and water, the use of the INFINIUM textiles offer near full waterproof capabilities with exceptionally fast moisture transfer that shuns the perspiration that comes with high output intervals and out of the saddle climbs. Keeping dry keeps you warmer and more comfortable, to sustain long training hours without limitations.
- Greatly improved protection from the elements in the 4th generation of the Gabba
- More water-resistant than ever, with impressive breathability, comfort
- Castelli exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 205 Warm brushed water-resistant fabric on front-facing surfaces
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 203 Stretch on rear-facing surfaces for extra stretch and breathability
- Taped shoulder seams for extra rain protection, adding to ROS reputation
- YKK® Vislon® zipper for easy sliding, covered for extra wind and rain protection
- 2 rear pockets with pump sleeve are easily accessed with gloved hands
- Dropped tail with large black reflective panel
- Optimal for temps from 48°-61°F
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Light Black
- Weight: 255 grams (Medium)