Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL Tubeless Road Tire 2-Pack
We are excited to offer Continental's new top-of-the-line Grand Prix 5000 TL tubeless tire, now bundled in convenient 2-packs to add value and make purchasing simpler. These are the new race tubeless tire of choice, are retail packaged and come with full warranty. Excel Sports is an authorized Continental tire dealer and service center.
Continental may not be the first to market with new products, but the German tire company prefers to develop the best version of a product and places engineering and material science ahead of being first. The Grand Prix 5000 TL Tire is a perfect example, with a race-ready Tubeless road model that immediately becomes a market leader. A tubeless road tire that carries on the Grand Prix tradition, building off the the tradition of the most versatile race/train GP 4000s II clincher and developed alongside it's direct replacement, the GP 5000 clincher. With a new, unique BlackChili compound that rolls faster, has greater puncture resistance, and continues the long wear standard set by the GP 4000s II
The key to every tubeless tire is the bead that holds the tire in the rim channel. The bead must be strong, yet supple and capable of both a great seal, but also exceptional resilience to pressure and tire distortion. Continental was an original partner in the mountain UST standard, and has been a key player in moto sports. The Conti TL technology is specifically designed to deliver ideal Tubeless set-up for the variable higher pressure demands of road cycling. Easy to install and reliable in use, the specifically developed Tubeless bead seals through its unique shape and provides stable fitting in the rim bed. Lighter, faster, lower rolling resistance, increased rider comfort and greater overall grip with the excellent puncture protection for a race ready tire; the GP 5000 TL leaps to the top of the Tubeless road tire category. The driving tech behind Continental's performance tires is the tire-specific BlackChili rubber. The engineers formulate the rubber with latest polymers as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials that guarantee unique performance. It is the key to grip, wear, feel, and preventing small punctures. Nearly every BlackChili tire has a unique mixture because each tire has it's own requirements.
Continental carries over many of the same build and design technologies in the GP 5000, but with specifications strictly for the Tubeless tire. You'll find the expected advanced Vectran breaker for puncture protection, and the new BlackChili designated rubber compound. Now add a LazerGrip engraved texture (which results in an inverted tread) that enhances shoulder grip, as well as Active Comfort Technology, a layer of elastomer dampening material inside the tire designed to reduce vibration and defeat the effect of impacts regardless of tire pressure. Early rider reports indicate the grip is improved out of the box, with no need to "break-in" or get wear on the tire. Technically you shouldn't need this with BlackChili rubber, but over the years we have noticed a need to get some minor wear on the BlackChili for wet grip, not anymore. Comfort is subjective, and tubeless tire pressure truly impacts this, but at higher pressures there appears to be noticeable benefit. Any increase in puncture protection and tire wear without weight gain is always welcome.
The Grand Prix 5000 TL Tire features the 3 ply casing system you know so well from the 4000s II, with the full black/blackskin sidewall that gives the tire its suppleness. For the 5000 TL tire the casing is the 3ply/180 tpi version to handle the stress of lower pressures. The Vectran Breaker adds to the protection without a real weight or performance penalty. These proven Continental technologies make it easier to transition within their tire line-up. Road Tubeless really gained ground in the time that Continental developed their version, yet they managed to come in at the top of the market, providing you with a singular tubeless riding experience in the road realm. The Grand Prix 5000 TL is available in 700x25, 700x28 and 700x32 sizes, with specific pressure ranges, so please see the list below.
- Road tubeless tire for road race, high level training, and serious enthusiasts
- Improved grip, reduced rolling resistance, competitive puncture protection, extended wear at at the lower pressure ranges that tubeless affords
- Unique tubeless bead shape and material compound seals and holds in place
- Ideal for training, road race, triathlon, all-around performance use
- 3/180 tpi layered casing is perfectly formed, flexible, reliable
- New BlackChili compound specific to GP 5000 TL
- Substantial reduction in rolling resistance
- Improved grip with rubber compound and LazerGrip engraved texture
- Lighter, enhanced liquid-crystalline polymer Vectran protection system
- Active Comfort Technology elastomer layer to cushion, reduce vibrations
- Truer to listed size (with some variation based on rim width, tire pressure)
- See Continental's video for tubeless tips and instructions
- Continental recommends the use of their TL-Sealant
- Note: tire is directional, see arrow on sidewall
- Sizes / Weight / Recommended psi range:
- 700x25 / 300g / 80-109 psi
- 700x28 / 340g / 65-94 psi
- 700x32 / 380g / 65-87 psi
- Color: Black
- Sold here as a 2-Pack (of same size)
- Made in Germany