Pinarello Grevil+ Ultegra R8020 Bicycle DEMO 1
The Grevil+ from Pinarello is, at it's heart, a Dogma F10 level gravel bike. Engineered for the requirements of gravel riding, but with many of the features of the Dogma F10 Disc design, the Grevil+ has been developed to dominate gravel events and ego driven weekend slogfests off the pavement. From the Flatback aerodynamic tube profiles and Torayca's premium T1100G UD carbon with Nanoalloy Technology, the influence of the F10 Disc is clear. Check out the aero ForkFlaps, seatpost, and RAD disc brake design. Throw in a similar, though slighter more forgiving geometry and the now famous dropout to dropout Asymmetric system engineering and the lineage is clear. For this DEMO bike we opted for the precise reliability of the 11-speed Shimano Ultegra R8020 group, with mechanical shifting and hydraulic disc braking. Reynolds, 3T, and San Marco add their expertise to the well spec'ed build kit.
The Grevil+ is truly its own animal, with serious tire clearance, an amazing collection of tube shapes, and an attitude that projects aggression and confidence. The advancement of the FlexStay concept and the Asymmetric TwinTube system bring you a whole new rear triangle design and short chainstays (for a bike with so much tire clearance) and full compatibility with 1x or 2x drivetrains, and the Grevil+ has truly marked it's own territory in the world of premium gravel frameset designs. The result is a design that is wholly capable of dominating from pavement, to pave', to gravel, down dirt roads, and whatever else you can wrangle it through- with true aerodynamic advantage, proven vertical compliance, and incredible efficiency from engineered power transfer and proper geometry.
With 12mm thru-axles, Flat Mount disc caliper standards, tapered Grevil+ Onda carbon fork, Think2 / ICR integrated routing, threaded Italian bottom bracket, and Di2 e-Link port. you have everything you need to get your dream gravel bike built. Ok, maybe you need to understand a little more about the rear triangle as well, but let' start with the actual wheel/tire clearance. First, the Grevil+ is compatible with both 700c and 650b (27.5") disc brake wheels. Max tire sizes are 700 x 42mm and 650b x 2.1". How is that room achieved within 420mm chainstay length? The answer comes from the mountain bike world, and it has already been applied to gravel bikes, the dropped driveside stay. Pinarello took the concept further any gravel design seen thus far, fully integrating the dropped stay into the Asymmetric frame system. The understanding that the two sides of the bike have different force and torsion requirements based on the offset of the drivetrain isn't new, but Pinarello has gone further than any other company, literally applying the concept from fork dropout to rear dropout, both in tube shape and structure through the carbon lay-up. It is this principle that allows the Dogma bikes to accelerate so cleanly and efficiently, corner so precisely, and feel so stable. The dropped stay design gets the full treatment, just look at the underside of the bottom bracket on the Grevil+.
Pinarello developed their FlexStay concept early in with the Dogma-level KOBH, and it became an evolving aspect of all of the K-series framesets. On the Grevil, the flattened flex point of the chainstays was moved further back, towards the dropouts, and you can see how the shaping of the curved seatstays allow the slight but necessary and desirable vertical give to occur. This eases the impact and load on the frameset and rider, which is always appreciated, even with higher volume tires. It allows the frame design to keep it's rigid aero seatpost (and slick FSC wedge adjustment system), which is part of the overall aerodynamic efficiency of the frameset.
The Grevil+ Frameset offers cyclists an opportunity to build a visually striking, incredibly capable, and efficient gravel bike, whether with a mechanical or electronic drivetrain, even 1x or 2x options. It truly has been conceived as a competition gravel bike, but just as many lust after the Dogma F10 despite the fact they don't race, many cyclists who seek a zero compromise, fast allroad / gravel bike will be throwing down for a Grevil+. For those whose lust isn't matched by the cash flow required, the same design is available with T700 carbon (just like looking at a Dogma F10, but buying a Prince) in the standard Grevil.
This size 53cmDEMO bike can be test ridden from our Boulder showroom. The geometry actually has this bike with a 55cm toptube, so if you ride a 54-56 now you should have no problem riding the DEMO. The build spec is listed in the details below. If you have any questions about riding, buying or building out a Grevil+, please contact us at 800.627.6664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEMO gravel race bike with Dogma F10 disc features, pure gravel capabilities
- Ultegra R8020 11s mechanical/hydraulic groupset w/3T and Reynolds buildout
- Frame and Grevil Onda tapered disc fork built with Torayca's premium T1100G UD carbon with Nanoalloy Technology
- Onda Disc carbon gravel fork with 1⅛-1½" taper, headset
- Flatback aero tube shapes, ForkFlaps, overall aero efficiency drawn from F10
- Think2 and ICR internal cable routing, for mechanical or electronic build
- Fork dropout to rear dropout Asymmetric system engineering, shapes, lay-up
- Oversized Asymm BB shell with Italian threaded bottom bracket interface
- TwinTube chainstays feature dropped driveside stay, full Asymm design
- Chainstays also feature FlexStay system for vertical compliance
- Flat Mount disc caliper interface for 140/160mm (160mm on build)
- 12/100mm fork thru-axle, 12/142mm rear thru-axle included
- Aero offset seatpost with FSC aero wedge fastening system
- Front derailleur tab is removable for 1x drivetrain use
- Aero headset top cap and carbon spacers included, round used with build
- Tire clearance: 700c x 42mm, 650b x 2.1" (53mm)
- Ultegra 11s R8020/R8000 groupset, mechanical shifting, hydraulic disc brakes
- R8020 Dual Control levers, R8070 disc calipers, RT900 Italian thread external BB
- R8000 50-34 172.5 crankset, braze-on front derailleur, 11-34 cassette, CN901 chain
- RX800 GS rear derailleur with clutch system, RT-800 160mm CL disc rotors
- Reynolds AR41x DB Carbon Wheelset TLR, 12/100 12/142 thru-axle
- 700x38 Panaracer GravelKing SK TLC tires w/tubes (tubeless valves included)
- 3T Cockpit: Superergo Pro Handlebar 42cm, Apto Team Stealth Stem 110cm
- San Marco Aspide Open-Fit 142mm Saddle, Arundel Gravel Pave Tape- black
- DEMO Size: 53cm (55 ETT)
- Color: BOB
- Weight: TBD