CeramicSpeed Italian Road Ceramic Bottom Bracket
SRAM's DUB bottom bracket system is now featured on the AXS 12-speed road groups, giving it a wider audience. There are a few Italian frame builders, and manufacturers such as Pinarello who still use a 70mm wide Italian threaded bottom bracket shell for external bearing BB cups. In fact, just as we have seen the return of more BSC standard threaded shells, more frame and bikes are again coming with threaded shells, which are very reliable, quiet, and consistently machined. Cyclists with these bikes can upgrade to the top quality upgrade available. Ceramic Speed bottom bracket models save you watts and energy by reducing friction with every turn of your crankset. The science and testing behind the efficacy and benefits of ceramic bearings is definitive, but all ceramic bearings are not made the same. Ceramic Speed bearings are harder, perfectly round, and widely surpass the quality standards of most ceramics on the market. With average lifespans of 3-5 times that of high-quality steel bearings, these Silicon Nitride offerings from the Danish company pay for themselves over time in longevity alone, never mind the mechanical and performance benefits gained. If you are a competitive cyclist or triathlete who seeks every component, accessory, and bike advantage, invest in the proven friction reduction of Ceramic Speed.
Italian thread frames use a 70mm wide BB shell (36mm diameter) The 28.99mm DUB spindle standard is gaining ground for SRAM's road AXA drivetrains, hence the need for an Italian threaded external cup bottom bracket. The aluminum shells and interfaces are designed to mate perfectly with the dust covers with integrated spacers. The 12 notch 46mm OD cup interface is used so Park's BBT-79 should be used for the DUB model installation. Ceramic Speed's bearings ride in composite carriers and high-quality, steel races. The ceramic balls are polished to perfect smoothness, and should they make contact with a race, they won't damage it, but will actually serve to clean and eliminate any surface issues inside the race. Lubrication is specific to the Ceramic Speed system, as are the bearing seals. A syringe of the grease lubricant comes with the bottom bracket. Detailed instructions for installation and service come with the bottom bracket and can also be found on Ceramic Speed's Cycling website.
Properly installed, your bottom bracket should not creak or make noise. The crankset will spin freely, with the absolute minimum resistance. Machining and hand-assembly is done in Denmark, with each part and the final assembly thoroughly inspected before shipping to distributors. The 85 gram bottom bracket delivers performance far in excess of standard options on the market. Save watts and energy with every pedal stroke as you optimize your equipment to fully realize your human potential with the Ceramic Speed Italian Road Ceramic Threaded Bottom Bracket for the SRAM DUB system.
- Italian threaded, 70mm wide shell bottom bracket hybrid ceramic upgrade for DUB road SRAM cranksets
- Tested and proven to be the hardest, smoothest, roundest bearing available
- Reduce friction with every pedal stroke, ensuring energy is converted to power
- External bearing threaded shells are aluminum, machined to exacting tolerances
- Ceramic Speed's Silicon Nitride ball bearings, composite carrier, steel races
- Proper installation and maintenance required to maximize performance
- Designed for 70mm wide, 36mm diameter Italian threaded bottom bracket shells
- Cups are threaded drive/nondrive specific
- Includes: Bottom bracket cups, 2 dust covers w/built in spacers, grease
- Install to proper torque at 40Nm with 12 notch-46mm external cup tool
- Color: Black, Red
- Select: SRAM DUB
- Weight: 85 grams
- Hand assembled in Denmark